Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thai soup all the way too. Load the bowl up with lashings of fresh coriander, chilis and fish sauce and those nasal passages will be thanking you within minutes. That kind of food always energises me too, gives a sudden energy kick. Mash is perhaps more comforting, but soporific enough to sometimes tip you over the edge when you're under the weather...

<whispers it quietly> Some of the tom yum pastes you can get from oriental supermarkets are actually pretty decent, good enough for a lazy weekday supper.

Tin of Judias con Chorizo y Tocino. Cold cos I have no access to microwave tonight. Lump of cheese and bottle of red.

It's fucking nice and easy :)

I was going to make the risotto I was unable to make yesterday. But it's getting late, so we're having cheese omelette instead, with french beans and brussel sprouts chopped in half and tossed in tamari.

Home made steak pie with veg and mini roast spuds - cheated by using frozen pastry.

Absolutly fabulous scoff !

beer bread that I made last night, with sliced tomatoes on top. sprinkle of pepper, basil and olive oil

Heh. My ribs were pretty darn good, even if I say so myself. With all those greens and rice it even felt like a virtuous weekday supper.

:cool:

green salad with salmon , with 7 seed mix sprinkled on top, snack bag of coconut(which i have just discovered has 281 cals! :eek: ) glass of water, and might have a piece of fruit too

story said:
I was going to make the risotto I was unable to make yesterday. But it's getting late, so we're having cheese omelette instead, with french beans and brussel sprouts chopped in half and tossed in tamari.

In the end we had cheese omelette, brussel sprouts, french beans, roasted carrots, parsnips and potatoes, fried red onions, spinach, and medjool dates for pud.

I had to use up the root veg, and I was in the mood for cooking. Lots of lovely leftovers for tomorrow :)

Reheated risotto from lunch

Risotto rice, garlic, shallot goats cheese some sundried tomatoes out of the jar

and some frozen peas

Delish

Tonight is a roast chicken from the farmer's market with roast new potatoes, carrots and onions, broccoli and peas. And gravy, of course.

reheated cauliflower cheese, with oven chips and a bacon cheeseburger, (which was grilled in my latest kitchen gadget- a mean lean grilling machine:cool: :D )

we've been doing a top-to-bottom house clean / tidy (so THAT'S where my Abyssinians album went.. etc).

So I reckon we need to reward ourselves by the miracle of Dial-A-Curry :)

Weve just finished stuffing ourselves with a chinese takeaway.

I now need about ten beers to wash it down. :oops:

Oven baked chicken breast curry (v nice madhur jaffrey recipe) with Aloo Gobi and rice.

I could do with a beer to wash it down but today is 1st day of a month's abstinence.

*polishes halo*

We finally had the risotto that was delayed due to the theft of my bag the other night. (Full story here.)

I made it with leeks, sundried tomatoes, shitake mushrooms, white wine, and then I added in some left over spinach at the end.

Oh! it made us happy!

starter: scallop gratin with chilli, tomato, chorizo
main: mackerel with potato, peppers, and tomato fondue
pud: blueberry & white chocolate pannetonne bread and butter pudding :cool:

yup went out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom