Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Nigel Slater "really good chicken supper" with mash (which feels a bit wrong in July but hey ho), fresh peas and green beans. All cooked by Mr Miggins.

posh hot dogs :p;)

Ach no, just plain, proletarian sausage from the sheep-farmer-down-the-road.

I have had something that would qualify as a "posh hotdog" though, from a street vendor in Vancouver. It was "Japa-dog", an all-beef frankfurter topped with nori shavings, teriyaki sauce and a sort of wasabi mayonnaise. Well worth the $4.50, I thought.

I have had something that would qualify as a "posh hotdog" though, from a street vendor in Vancouver. It was "Japa-dog", an all-beef frankfurter topped with nori shavings, teriyaki sauce and a sort of wasabi mayonnaise. Well worth the $4.50, I thought.

Sounds good. The best one I ever had was in Holland. They wrapped a really good German-style sausage in a slice of decent cheese (Edam, possibly) and then wrapped all of it in ham before sticking it in the roll. Add mustard, onions and whatnot and yer away. Very nice when you're stoned off yer box trying not to fall into a canal and very good value for the few guilders it cost me.

'Guilders',eh? That dates me.

We had a festival in the privacy of our own home - felafel and salad in pitta, with tahini etc. and cider :)

Dunno about tonight....but the courgettes are starting to flourish on the plot - and I'd like to do my nice warm griddled courgette salad thing with red onion and chilli and garlic and fresh coriander and lemon juice - and I've got some posh sausages (pork and tomato chutney iirc) in the fridge...so probably those too...with something else...a nice roll maybe (could have a posh hot dog myself then eh?! :D ) or a bit of potato salad or something.... :hmm: ....or something completely different altogether.... :rolleyes:

The ONLY filling for a baked potato, should be the law!

cheese and coleslaw is the best filling for a jacket - tonnes of both and a decent sized spud...

:D

I had a friend who worked at a kebab place at university and after his shift he'd bring back loads of food - including several coleslaw/cheese/jackets...

mmm

We had a tin of Branston's new chickpeas in masala sauce with the jacket potatoes in the end. It was alright. I'd've rather had beans though, to be honest.

Tonight I am going to have a nice salad of cottage cheese, tomatoes, radishes and cucumber.

I am trying to think of something to cook this evening.
Needs to have meat in it, chicken or beef, but something to suit this hot weather, so not like a chilli or spaghetti.

Hmmmm stuffed chicken breast with a salad?

Any one got any recipes?

Actually having read a few of the last posts i want jacket pots now.

Griddled chicken breast, salad, coleslaw and jackets.

Ok any one got the recipe for a nice chicken marinade?

Had marinated tofu with vegetable fried rice.
Lunch - work picnic in Hyde Park
Tonight - work summer party in Vauxhall so might get something from one of the local Portugese places down there as there won't be much veggie stuff amongst the canapes. And then much free booze.

God, them hotdogs were a good idea (of sojourner's). I'd forgotten how good they can be. Very nice. :)

:) Mine were good too - I ended up having four :cool:

Beef stew tonight, with dumplings. Not exactly summer fare, but I'd got the mince out the freezer and had the veg so...

Hmm. Not bought anything in, but I have got some Lidl hotdogs in the fridge...
:hmm:

May just convince LQ to pick up some ingredients in way home, or it's relish city for us.

Going to hop on my bike and go and get these ingredients for marinade

white wine vinegar
fresh lime juice
Worcestershire sauce
chopped onion
garlic
oregano
ground cumin
crushed red pepper flakes

I think I have a few of them already

Yum yum yum

Chicken livers/green peppers/big chunks of onion stirfry, green beans/baby corn/bamboo shoots stirfry, rice, green salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom