Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fail really, learning. Sesame Prawns on Toast was the most disastrous!!

Chicken Chow Mein, Spicy pork made up dish (Peanut and chilli coating), couldn't get any duck so Hoi Sin chicken :D

Just pissing about with a wok and loads of spices/sauces really :)

Yeah, clearly. Without a cookery book or recipe it's bound to be trial and error ;)

Recipes? Tell us honest Kanda, are you just bunging in a load of ready-made sauces on top of food fried in the wok?

Making chinese style sauces is perhaps the hardest part, well if you want to make something similar to the takeaway without the 10 tonnes of salt, sugar and MSG.

Recipes? Tell us honest Kanda, are you just bunging in a load of ready-made sauces on top of food fried in the wok?

Making chinese style sauces is perhaps the hardest part, well if you want to make something similar to the takeaway without the 10 tonnes of salt, sugar and MSG.

I was watching that new Chinese food program at work on Saturday. So was going from memory. Only sauce I bought was Hoi Sin.

Used that myself at the weekend, on a blinking great duck (half price at Sainsburys atm).

To be honest I only ever tend to make black bean sauce from scratch these days. Most of the other pre-made options are good enough as ingredients.

I didn't think that programme was too bad really - fairly accessible and simple enough. Food turn out right for you?

I didn't think that programme was too bad really - fairly accessible and simple enough. Food turn out right for you?

Apart from the prawn toasts, yeah. They just ended up falling to bits when I put them in the Wok. Paste probably too dry.

Was ok though, had a load of people just sat around in the garden etc and just kept passing different stuff out while they looked in taking the piss out of me :D They ate it all so all good :)

Apart from the prawn toasts, yeah. They just ended up falling to bits when I put them in the Wok. Paste probably too dry.

Was ok though, had a load of people just sat around in the garden etc and just kept passing different stuff out while they looked in taking the piss out of me :D They ate it all so all good :)

Go for salt and pepper praws for the quick win - cooked em for the first time after Rise yesterday and despite the pissedness they turned out really well. Toss prawns (I used quick defrosted ones yesterday) in cornflour seasoned with salt, schwezan pepper (or black pepper and chilli) and some garlic, then deep fry for a few seconds each. Toss over chopped chilli and spring onions, maybe a squeeze of lime, for added ponce value. Winner.

Greens in oyster sauce are a speedy dish too. Buy pak choi, steam or boil till just tender, then throw into a quickly wokked sauce of garlic and oyster sauce. Delicious and even vaguely healthy.

Chicken tonight. No idea what, it's just in the fridge.

Chicken tonight.

580826.gif

:eek:
:eek:
:D

..and cheers, I'll try that.

Ah chicken tonight, once a staple of many a student's leaving home stock cupboard.

I've not reached that nadir of laziness quite yet. Especially when I remember just how fuckawful their chicken and mustard concoction was.

Feeling rough as, if I'm honest. Reckon chicken may go into some kind of curry, or perhaps plainer if I'm still ropey towards lunch.

I wouldn't mind that... but not sure he'd be up for salad every night :D

Think I might do this tonight: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1521/summerinwinter-chicken

If you make a bit of extra tea, then you can have it for lunch the next day ;)

I have been doing a lot of grilled chicken in the George Foreman grill lately. It is not the cheapest meal but tasty and healthy :)

I am normally pretty good with making a little extra tea and sorting myself for work.

This is a useful link for the bargain hunters

:)

i am on the ibiza diet. in that the next two weeks are going to be starvation central. so, erm, vegetables and protien i should think. in what form i am not yet sure :)

That Ibiza diet sounds shite - thought it was gonna be two whole portions of class a's per hour, but it's not :(

Anyway - I'm on baked spud, steamed baby corn and mangetout, and sauteed chorizo for tea

I did make the sushi yesterday and ate it pissed, along with a pork pie and a bag of crisps :D cos by then I'd also had to donate about 8 pieces to the kids, even though they'd already eaten. :rolleyes: :mad:

Tonight is the last of the oyster mushrooms/beansprouts/pak choi stir fried in oyster sauce and some teriyaki chicken thighs. Got some cherries for pudding.

I made a very nice roast veg (red pepper/courgette/red onion/aubergine/courgette/mushroom), greek basil and halloumi quiche for lunch too, which the small girl and I ate warm with some salad. Was delish and will do for lunch for the next couple of days too. :cool:

No idea about tonight because I forgot to order my veggie box… ummm, perhaps broccoli and tofu stir fry with black bean sauce because the boy is addicted to his black beans

I really can't be arsed to cook because I've had the day from hell so possibly pizza from Dominos. They're not my first choice but we've got vouchers so it will be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom