Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the nephs are away until after dinnertime, rabbit and buckwheat dumplings, stir-fried veg and green salad.

Belly pork nom nom nom.

The best belly pork I've ever had was done by my mum. She knew exactly how to treat cheap meat (which it was, back then), and her roasted belly pork was second to none

I'm on 2-day chilli for tea tonight, with yet another lemon meringe pie for afters :lickslips: :cool:

Hungover today so me, magic sam and my mate went for a carvery which was gorgeous.

I've got Ben and Jerrys for later after my nap. :cool:

Turned out to be two chicken breasts, dumped in a pan with some Bart's ginger and green peppercorns (in brine). With some rocket as a side salad, and wholemeal bread.

Turned out to be one of the best meals I've eaten in YONKEYS :D

Turned out to be two chicken breasts, dumped in a pan with some Bart's ginger and green peppercorns (in brine). With some rocket as a side salad, and wholemeal bread.

what's rocket? :confused:

i've decided to stay in tonite....don't want to waste the petrol, time and $30 for dinner with friends. i'll probably get something from outside....maybe the mcdonalds 40 piece value-pack of chicken nuggets :oops: :p

The very last of the duck, some more greens. Fried rice and some salt and pepper prawns.

Very nice and quick, perfect for cooking after Rise.

we ended up getting a curry instead - tandori mixed grill, a lamb passanda, rice, saag aloo, saag paneer , some samosas and loads of poppadoms :) nom nom nom

we ended up getting a curry instead - tandori mixed grill, a lamb passanda, rice, saag aloo, saag paneer , some samosas and loads of poppadoms :) nom nom nom

well i came to dads and had a bit of daal and chawal....but i'm still hungry so i'll have to pick up some wendys on the way home :D

A recipe for buckwheat dumplings please :)

Gladly.

Buckwheat Dumplings

This makes enough for one chicken or bunny.

2 cups buckwheat flour
1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
4 tsp baking powder
salt
pepper
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
3 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp chopped chives

Sift together dry ingredients. Whisk milk, egg, chives and oil. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened. Drop spoonfuls onto simmering rabbit or chicken in the last 15 minutes of cooking. Cover pot or casserole. Steam until until done. Continue to cook, uncovered, another few minutes until they brown a bit.

We have rabbit pie in the fridge and peas in the freezer :)

Not sure if this is tonight's meal as it is pretty stodgy for such a hot day!! The other option is more pasta I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom