Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last night I had a bit of a very rare treat..... chips, fried egg, beans, bread and butter and a mug of tea..... Not as 'good' as my mams but it was lush...

Tonight.... well might be 'lunching' out so maybe some pasta, might even run to a mushroom stroganoff.... we'll see.

apparently we are having thai prawn or salmon curry - yummy :)

Tell yer pal to make the thai prawn curry, and then get the salmon, bigger the steak the better, score long shallow cuts in the steak. Get some ginger and garlic puree, mix with s&p, add some turmeric and cumin to the past and let down with a little bit of oil. . Rub into the salmon and leave in the fridge to marinate.
Heat an all metal frying pan to a very high heat, place the salmon, skinside down, in the pan and fry until crispy. Once the skin is crispy turn the salmon over and finish in the oven. Jobs a good'un.

Tell yer pal to make the thai prawn curry, and then get the salmon, bigger the steak the better, score long shallow cuts in the steak. Get some ginger and garlic puree, mix with s&p, add some turmeric and cumin to the past and let down with a little bit of oil. . Rub into the salmon and leave in the fridge to marinate.
Heat an all metal frying pan to a very high heat, place the salmon, skinside down, in the pan and fry until crispy. Once the skin is crispy turn the salmon over and finish in the oven. Jobs a good'un.

sounds lush! i heard rumour you were skilled in this area :)

*drools*

sounds lush! i heard rumour you were skilled in this area :)

*drools*

My meat eating/fish eating mates loved it so I reckon they might agree with ya.

I'm not bad, qualified chef and all that. First time I 'argued' with chegs he wouldn't have it that I could be a good chef, as in working in a restaurant/hotel kitchen, and be a vegetarian. Good laugh it was...

dunno....told the wife to pick up whatever she feels like on the way back and I will create....kinda ready steady cook:)

My meat eating/fish eating mates loved it so I reckon they might agree with ya.

I'm not bad, qualified chef and all that. First time I 'argued' with chegs he wouldn't have it that I could be a good chef, as in working in a restaurant/hotel kitchen, and be a vegetarian. Good laugh it was...
Do you cook meat?

Do you cook meat?

Used to when I worked in kitchens. Had no particular problem helping my ex do xmas dinner and such. SHe stopped cooking meat, except for her kids occasionally, pretty much when I was there so never really came up.

Why d'you ask?

i'm teasing! the amount of food he cooks me, you'll not hear me complaining :)

And quite right too..... Best thing I ever did-apart from 'discover' cunnilingus-was learning to cook.
And lucky for me I have learned that, quite often, one leads to the other.... it is, as the kids would say, 'made of win'. :cool:

Didn't get curry last night but had several snacks brought to me while spinning tunes. Much enjoyed a cheese & salad sandwich using garlic cheese I brought back from Prague last week, and was quite partial to a sausage and boiled and buttered potato sandwich with chili sauce.

Tonight will be a hot mixed veg curry of some description after the gym.

Mrs SFM is on a wheat-free/high protein/white meat only thing at the moment (some book she's reading...) so it'll be some kind of chicken, lentils and butter bean chilli affair. I'll open the windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom