Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, do the fish curry and then post the recipe.

Recipe??!? Bung it in like

To be fair, I'll have to think about this a little more than usual. The handy metal tins of curry spices mixed by the nice man in Cochin are pretty much empty, so I'll actually have to work from past tastes. Going for a coconut fish molly/molli style curry I reckon - think coconut milk, plenty of curry leaves and ginger, green chillli and tumeric

If anyone has a good recipe let me know. I'm going to wing it and splice a frankenstein recipe from different sources and memory if not.

I'm sure there must be keralan fish curries without coconut, but they seem rare. Probably because you're surrounded by coconut trees and it just goes perfectly. I think it'd soil LQ's expectations and holiday memories if I left the coconut out.

You could try something like Keralan fish fry though?

I didn't boil and cool the marinade, since I was making it at 10pm and didn't have time to let it cool. But I'm sure it'll be lovely.

Um...for future reference, it is DEFINITELY worth boiling :p ...I know from experience (forgot to do it once).... :D

There's not a lot of it, so it's actually very quick to cool in the bottom of a shallow dish or whatever (so you could actually scrape any excess off and do it before you cook it tonight - it'd be well worth the effort, imo).

Does the boiling and cooling make it extra sticky and tasty then Sheo?

I loves marinades and dips like that.

Yes, yes, yes! :cool:

And takes a bit of the rawness out of the ginger too!

Otherwise - cooked in that way - it can be a bit overwhelming, iykwim, a little bitter.

tonight i am going to attempt to eat solid food for the first time in 3 days! i shall be breaking my liquid diet with an omlette or cheese on toast :)

I got engaged at the weekend, seems to have turned me into a bit of a soppy muppet with an urge to spread the love :)

hey - congrats :) nowt wrong with a bit of soppiness :cool:

Last night's carbonara was stunning *drools*

Tonight I shall be dining on a defrosted portion of chicken in that cheat country french sauce. Only cos I have the dreaded fucking ironing to do and I will need to eat quickly after that to cheer myself up!!

The thyme with the cannellini beans sounds rather nice.

I've been using cannellini beans for a while now (used to hate beany type stuff), but mainly in stews and soups, but have recently turned myself onto the idea of eating them with stuff mashed in them. My god! Revelation time! Stunning with some Encona sauce mashed in :cool:

I've been using cannellini beans for a while now (used to hate beany type stuff), but mainly in stews and soups, but have recently turned myself onto the idea of eating them with stuff mashed in them. My god! Revelation time! Stunning with some Encona sauce mashed in :cool:

Mashed/pureed with loads of garlic soj, lovely. And if you don't make it totally smooth it's worth using o serving to place a bit of meat on.

Last night I had fishfingers, potato waffles and beans, followed by fruit salad with yoghurt and two bits of lemon cake.

Tonight I think we will have some chilli from out of the freezer.

Mashed/pureed with loads of garlic soj, lovely. And if you don't make it totally smooth it's worth using o serving to place a bit of meat on.

Yeh, no doubt garlic will come into the equation at some point as I live on the stuff.

I actually prefer them roughly mashed with a fork, so you end up with some whole beans and some mashed :cool:

Thanks all :)

Last night my hosts fed me roast aubergine, salad and goats cheese, followed by veg chili. For meat eaters they knocked up a very good veg chili - not very hot but tasty. The veg was just cooked so that the cannellini & kidney beans hadn't turned to complete mush and the addition of celery gave it a sweeter, different flavour to most chilis.

Tonight it'll have to be something very spicy, maybe a chana masala, with sag aloo.

we were going to dine in Wagamamas tonight, then it got cancelled so i got some chicken fillets out of the freezer to make the panfried chicken and pesto sauce (that biddlybee posted ages ago) to have with mash with spring onions and green beans....

but now we're back on for Wagamamas so we'll have to have the chicken tomorrow and i'll have to re-enthuse about going to Wagamamas :0

we were going to dine in Wagamamas tonight, then it got cancelled so i got some chicken fillets out of the freezer to make the panfried chicken and pesto sauce (that biddlybee posted ages ago) to have with mash with spring onions and green beans....

but now we're back on for Wagamamas so we'll have to have the chicken tomorrow and i'll have to re-enthuse about going to Wagamamas :0

Life's a bitch and then you die, huh foamy? ;):D

not a clue....have some frozen scallops (just to see if they are any good) and chorizo in the fridge....something along those lines though the wife is off seafood so maybe a veg pasta pesto thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom