Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to eat it every week. Sadly I couldn't make your recipe as my oven is still bust so I had to make the cheese sauce, mix with the pasta and then grill it.

Three weeks without an oven is getting unbearable. Last night GF cooked pizzas under the grill on a preheated oven dish. A game attempt, but it's not right. Looks like the cooker manaufacturers are not going to supply FSD ready cookers in a hurry so I'll end up buying an expensive one from John Lewis.

Why do you have to eat it every week? Dunt that get a bit boring? Or is it due to the limitations of not having an oven?

Why do you have to eat it every week? Dunt that get a bit boring? Or is it due to the limitations of not having an oven?

Nah, it's my favourite food :D I do change it by adding spinach/mushrooms etc to the cheese sauce, but tbh I could eat it every day.

Pork Loin Steak with a Hoi Sin rub and a plum and soy drizzle.

(Out of a packet, like. I'm no way near that imaginative myself.) Not sure what to have with it. Salad, I s'pose.

You tried sheo's spicy tenderloin thingy yet, missfran?

I'm half thinking of giving this a go myself ...

A free piece of chicken from Nandos, and salad out of a bag, followed by coffee and cake in a sex shop. Huzzah!

Oh! :D Well, I'm very glad I've been able to make a positive contribution to your life :D;)

I want it now :cool:

You have actually - despite decades of cooking it (at uni I would make 2 big dishes and eat it every day during exams) I still occasionally made the sauce too floury.

Your recipe makes such cock-ups easier to avoid 'cos everything is measured, it's faster to prepare and makes a better flavoured dish because you put more cheese in than I used to.

Cheers!

I thought I would be a good mum and do a big roast chicken tonight as Kevin has been on a Geography school trip to Rochester and I thought he would be really hungry. Turns out him and his mates spent the whole day "surveying" the High St..............bakers, sweet shops and chippies.:rolleyes:
"We spent all day eating"

Not yet, but I've just taken the pork loins out of the freezer for tomorrow.

I got engaged at the weekend, seems to have turned me into a bit of a soppy muppet with an urge to spread the love :)

Aw, congratulations!

The 'special' Kheema Matar tomorrow night :)

:cool:

I ended up roasting a few cloves of garlic with the chicken, which I then squeezed into a tin of canellini beans with some thyme and mashed it. Also had roast carrots and peas.

I am now cooking some pasta, which I will mix with leftover chicken and spinach and peas. That's lunch tomorrow.

And shortly I'm going to put together Sheo's pork tenderloin marinade and put the pork in that for tomorrow night's tea.

Just call me Mrs Organised.

And shortly I'm going to put together Sheo's pork tenderloin marinade and put the pork in that for tomorrow night's tea.

:cool:

NVP - do it! It's a piece of piss - takes 5 minutes to prepare and then you just have to cook it! :D

Look for a piece of tenderloin that has as little sinewy bits as possible though and cut off any obvious strips you can see...but then it's all very straightforward. :cool:

It's just me and the small girl tonight, but I have no idea what to make :hmm: ....maybe beans on toast with cheddar on the top! :cool:

Haven't decided yet. It's either some chicken breast/parma ham and some kind of creamy/herby filling with new potatoes and veg. Or an indian option featuring the obligatory dal, sag aloo and one other dish, probably a Keralan style fish curry. Will make up my mind a bit later - the only thing I'm lacking is the fish,

All this talk of pork tenderloin is making me hungry mind. It's a bit of an underrated cut for some reason - good for quick stir fries, excellent rolled around cheese (like a cheesy swiss roll) a reasonable standby for making escalopes. Sheo's spicy marinade looks worth a go too - let us know how it goes. The closest similar thing I've done is marinate tenderloin in char-sui, letting it roast above water on a rack and grilling at the end for extra colour.

Pleased to say that yesterday's cacioricotta and broad bean pasta went well. It's a nice cheese if you can get your hands on it - it does honestly live up to its crossed luxury feta and parmesan reputation.

Haven't decided yet. It's either some chicken breast/parma ham and some kind of creamy/herby filling with new potatoes and veg. Or an indian option featuring the obligatory dal, sag aloo and one other dish, probably a Keralan style fish curry. Will make up my mind a bit later - the only thing I'm lacking is the fish,

All this talk of pork tenderloin is making me hungry mind. It's a bit of an underrated cut for some reason - good for quick stir fries, excellent rolled around cheese (like a cheesy swiss roll) a reasonable standby for making escalopes. Sheo's spicy marinade looks worth a go too - let us know how it goes. The closest similar thing I've done is marinate tenderloin in char-sui, letting it roast above water on a rack and grilling at the end for extra colour.

Pleased to say that yesterday's cacioricotta and broad bean pasta went well. It's a nice cheese if you can get your hands on it - it does honestly live up to its crossed luxury feta and parmesan reputation.

Oooh, do the fish curry and then post the recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom