Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the spicy pork tenderloin involve?

You blitz 2 tsp of tomato puree, a clove of garlic, 3 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 red chilli, 1" of root ginger and 2 tsp of honey, boil in a pan for a couple of minutes, then cool.

Mix in a tbsp of olive oil, rub all over the pork tenderloin and stick it in the fridge for a bit, then roast on a rack at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes, basting it halfway through (just reserve some of the liquid it's been marinating in).

Rest it for 5 minutes under foil, then slice (I like it in fairly thick slices :D ) and serve.

Yum! :cool: :D

That does sound wicked, and I've got some pork tenderloin that wants eating. If I make it is it ok with you if I put it on the blog?

No prob missfran - it's a recipe from a low-gl cookbook, so not my own invention anyway!

It should come out lovely and moist on the inside, although from memory, I have had to play around with the timing a bit on occasions, but that's probably because a) I'm generally using a smaller piece (the recipe states a 340g tenderloin) and b)my old oven was fucked and had virtually no temp control :rolleyes: and my new one has a fan oven, so I've reduced the temp accordingly.

I THINK that actually I found a higher temp better for those cooking times - so will try doing it at 180 in my fan oven tonight for the given time and see how that works and report back. :hmm:

It's a lovely sticky, sweet, tangy marinade though! :cool:

I really like marinades that just involve whacking everything into a mini-blender though - very fast and easy to do and a great way to add taste and moisture to meat/fish iykwim.

Ok....I would say the times/temp given are fine...but I reckon half the amount of olive oil'd be fine, especially if it's a smaller piece.

It'd be ace with some mash and some steamed cabbage with lots of black pepper :cool: but sadly for me, the small girl won't touch mashed potato... :rolleyes: :confused: :mad: :D

The boys and I had spag bol, cue mega strop from the teenager who doesn't like it. I'm now getting the "Oh well, I just won't have anything then, I'm too fat anyway" guilt trip bit............... :rolleyes:

Im really not sure. Maybe pasta and salad but I kinda interupted my appetite by having a crackers and cheese selection about 4pm and an ice lolly!

Currently cooking: Roast Belly Pork, roast med veg (?), spicy morrocan cous cous thing and some other veg for the haters of anything a bit different.

Currently cooking: Roast Belly Pork, roast med veg (?), spicy morrocan cous cous thing and some other veg for the haters of anything a bit different.

Blimey Kanda. That sounds almost homemade. Was Sainsbury's local out of ready meals?

:p

Being less facetious, how did you roast the belly pork? Was it on the bone, or as strips?

I got a chicken out of the freezer last night so we'll have that. I'm trying to think of something interesting to have with it.

Broad beans with orrichiette and cacioricotta.

The last ingredient's some kind of Italian sheep milk's cheese, picked up for a song at a cheese clearance, described as a kind of cross between feta and parmesan dependent on which source you read. Thankfully Moose seemed to know what it was, so fingers crossed.

...described as a kind of cross between feta and parmesan dependent on which source you read.

That sounds pretty nice :cool: ...although I'd probably be hard pressed to imagine a cheese, or even a combination of cheeses, that DIDN'T sound pretty nice! :D

But yeah....fairly salty tasting by the sound of it? :hmm: Yum!

Just me and the boy tonight, so we're taking the opportunity to have his fave jersey royals, cut into little pieces with a dollop of butter and a little slice of cheddar on each.

Infuriatingly, his sister shuns the potato in every form except roast, chipped and rosti :rolleyes: :mad: so we have to grab every chance we get at eating them when she's not here!

With our potatoes, we'll have baked trout fillets and either salad or peas.

Toad in the hole, made with Newmarket sausages. With the obligatory mashed spuds, curly cale, carrots and rivers of onion gravy.

The boys both love this, so tonight Matthew I shall at last be a popular mum. hurrah!

I got something out of the freezer that I thought was a portion of chilli. But it's not, and it's been in the fridge for a few days. If it's ok, I'll have it in a pasta bake. If it's gone minging then I'll have pesto pasta.

beef in oyster sauce ala BBC last night....good ol chinese cookery show....and have her 5 staples in so am gonna give it a whirl...love chinese though much prefer to cook it myself than the pap takeaways round our way

Have mushrooms and pancetta to use up (pancetta's gone a bit dark brown, has been open a few days, but smells fine, and is smoked so bugger it), so will do a lovely spaghetti carbonara with a nice big fuck off egg :cool:

I'm having pancetta too but it's not brown :eek: mixing with pork mince (never tried it before) wholemeal pasta tubes and tomato and basil sauce.

beef in oyster sauce ala BBC last night....good ol chinese cookery show....and have her 5 staples in so am gonna give it a whirl...love chinese though much prefer to cook it myself than the pap takeaways round our way
That programme didn't make you want to give her a fucking slap and chuck her food in her face then? She is a VERY annoying woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom