Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza for the lads in the afternoon and a company dinner at 8:00 pm: cold soup I won't divulge the details of, pollo escabechado, king crab legs, German potato salad, grilled baby zucchinis and eggplants brushed with herbed garlic olive oil, green salad. Chocolate-hazelnut torte and homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert.

That sounds bloody amazing.

It was pretty nice! :D

The weather was lovely so we bbq'd the unrolled lamb shoulder, which I'd smothered in a paste made of dried apricots/garlic/ginger/coriander/cumin/cinnamon/soy/ketchup.....did the bulghur salad (but added some betroot too, cos it makes the bulghur wheat go all pink & pretty :D ) and some potato salad and loads of plot lettuce leaves/olives/spring onion in a lemony, mustardy honey dressing.

My mum brought scones and clotted cream, so we had those later with her homemade elderflower and gooseberry jam. :cool:

I'm stuffed, so will just have crisps for dinner. :cool:

It was pretty nice! :D

The weather was lovely so we bbq'd the unrolled lamb shoulder, which I'd smothered in a paste made of dried apricots/garlic/ginger/coriander/cumin/cinnamon/soy/ketchup.....did the bulghur salad (but added some betroot too, cos it makes the bulghur wheat go all pink & pretty :D ) and some potato salad and loads of plot lettuce leaves/olives/spring onion in a lemony, mustardy honey dressing.

My mum brought scones and clotted cream, so we had those later with her homemade elderflower and gooseberry jam. :cool:

I'm stuffed, so will just have crisps for dinner. :cool:

That sounds so good, I'll have to remember it for my next barbeque. My quorn chili's pretty good. It would be better with beef, but still :rolleyes:

I had some plaice in breadcrumbs last night, with chips, carrot & parsnip mash and Savoy cabbage.

It was so lovely I'm having nothing tonight to make up for it.

I had a ready meal from Waitrose. It was beetroot, butternut squash, pinenuts,chard,some sort of dressing and feta cheese. It was ok but not worth £4. Also had 2 pkts of crisps.

Oh gaahhd I dunno, I've lost my appetite again, and things aren't exactly helped by the fact that I should be avoiding -

meat
dairy products
soya products
starchy root vegetables

:(

museli with erm... water?

Tonight I will be drunkenly making the coley with the noodies/pak choi/lime and chilli dressing for me and annierak

That sounds really tasty!

Oh gaahhd I dunno, I've lost my appetite again, and things aren't exactly helped by the fact that I should be avoiding -

meat
dairy products
soya products
starchy root vegetables

:(

museli with erm... water?

Blimey :eek: that doesn't leave you with much to choose from.
Could you try summat like sojourner's tea? Can you have/do you like fish?

Yeah!

A nice fish/veg/noodle soup, or a fish/salad combi....which is what I'm having....a fucking great big salad with garlic and ginger king prawns. :cool:

Was at a BBQ last night and had mackeral for the first time. It was delicious, also had couscous with lemon, mint, chckpeas and corriander, homemade coleslaw and potato salad and fried rice. It was fantastic :) Oh and garlic chilli prawns on skewers which were even better than fantastic!

Tonight I'm having garlicly chilli and white wine seafood with linguine. Tomorrow I will stink of garlic, should get me some space on the tube in the morning :D

My son gets back from abroad tonight, after touring for a fortnight with a band so I'm doing chilli con carne because he loves it so much.

Yay!

I am jealous of your new cooker & pots and pans. What makes?

Me 'new' cooker is a Canon Henley with a main fan oven, a Solarplus grill (whassat?) and a top oven. That's all 'lecy.
The hob is gas with a fold down flat top/cover loads of space and different sizes of burners :)
It is, however sitting on the floor in the dining room at the moment because I need an electrician to fit a cooker outlet and a Corgie man to fit the cooker (££s). Also going to have an extractor hood fitted.
Unfortunatly it will be weeks before I can get it sorted, so for the time being I am treating it as if it were a Tracy Eminen piece and gazing at it from time to time:D

Pots and pans, crockery,tools etc. I havn't decided yet and I must watch the pennies, but I went to Brighton on Saturday and cruised Habitat.
All very middle-class this kitchen game:oops:

Electric oven and gas hob is the ideal, I'd say. Different size burners too *jealous*. I'm stuck with an electric hob, it's a pain in the arse.

I'd recommend John Lewis for the pots and pans - they've got all the traditionally excellent brands, and their own brand stuff is also very good. Remember - get the best you can afford, it's worth it. Cheap pans are a false economy.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, what's for tea tonight?

Mummy's comfort food.

Mince and tatties with petits pois, cabbage and loads of black pepper.

-Portion in the freezer for another day-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom