Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had braising steak with carrots, onions and green beans and dumplings. We had it at 3pm though as everyone was starving after swimming.

Stuffed pork tenderloins, new potatoes, baby carrots and snowpeas in tarragon butter, green salad. Leftover chocolate-hazelnut torte.

A chili made with quorn and some fucking lush chipotle chilis, ready for a night in Camden at the Luche Libra bout :cool:

Linguine tossed in a sauce made with san marzano tomatoes, flat leaf parsley, black olives and garlic.

:cool:

I've just demolished a gigantic chilli-fried steak and chunky chips in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce that doesn't taste of Jack Daniels. :confused:

I drank Diet Coke with it. Gotta watch that figure. ;)

I'm jealous of sheo's barbeque lamb,though. Sounds ace as does Fedayn's linguine. :)

Roast chicken which was fine. Rice stuffing fromn the chicken which had dried apricots in, which I don't really like. Warm potato salad which I think is wrong because warm mayonnaise is wrong. Undercooked aubergines. Not the best of sunday dinners.

On the plus side, we had bakewell tart and ice cream for pudding.

Tonight is spag bol with the bol Alex B made yesterday.

And this is the 1,000th post on this thread.

\o/ \o/ \o/

Have to use my baby sweet orange peppers before they go off, so will sweat them in some olive oil with some onions and maybe a little bit of garlic, then chuck some boiled rice in and toss the lot around a bit. Oo err. Will also sautee some strips (not discs, fancy strips instead) of chorizo, and have the lot with a green salad :cool:

And lemon meringue pie for afters

I'm getting a bit worried about this new fondness for non-chocolate-based cakery. It's very unlike me :hmm:

So wrong, but so right too.

Not THAT wrong. Kept me fed for a number of very skint years did corned beef hash, and you can posh it up by mixing in some wholegrain mustard,and topping it with some grated cheese then grilling til bubbly

nom

Leftover roast duck and gorgeous wonton soup, courtesy of my mum.

It's impossible to come back from her house without a UN aid sized parcel of food and general provisions.
:oops: :cool:

Got a piece of salmon fillet marinading in soy sauce, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, chilli and corriander. Forgot to add lime juice so I'll squeeze that in tonight before I put it in the oven. Having it with noodles.

new potatoes, homemade parsley sauce, got a big bag o# parsley on the weekend and whatever white fish my darling wife picks up on her way home:)

dunno, pizza maybe? or pasta. something quick anyway because yet again I have left my essay till the last possible moment :D

Pickerel fillets with dill butter, some kind of jazzed-up rice yet to be determined, cauliflower and red pepper stir-fry, green salad.

didn't eat v much this weekend, so going to stuff myself rotten tonight on lots of stodgey stodge. lush! (i'm thinking lasgane and chips) :cool:

I need something interesting to do with smoked mackerel. I have one piece left that I need to eat, but I'm fed up of just eating it with salad.

I need something interesting to do with smoked mackerel. I have one piece left that I need to eat, but I'm fed up of just eating it with salad.

Pate! Whizz it up in a blender with some parsley and lemon juice and spread it on toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom