Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh, doctors orders. the cunt. it's shite - worse than a pot noodle for feeling hungry again in 5 minutes :mad:

There are one or two soups I could recommend, but... oh, nevermind.

Gawd, how I envy you people the proximity of chippies, take-aways and the like sometimes. Today was another day from hell and with one thing and another, I'd left myself less than half an hour to feed a party of six hungry peons with only a cold roast of beef and a massive green salad prepped. So, sandwiches it was, with a promise of a fabulous supper, which I also fudged on because of more unforeseen problems.

I resorted to a mass of pasta-- well beyond the al dente state, thanks to spending most of the afternoon chasing after a vital equipment part-- heavily laced with smoked salmon I'd been saving for some more festive occasion. Add dill and capers and hope for the best, I thought. Now I'm in the doghouse, owing to general caper hatred.

Scape harvest can end any time (please). :(

I'm having another barbeque. Does anyone have any really good potato salad recipes? Usually I toss the tatties in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then stir in about a tablespoon of half mayo half creme fraiche (so it's sort of barely clinging to them), but I'm bored of that.

I'm having another barbeque. Does anyone have any really good potato salad recipes? Usually I toss the tatties in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then stir in about a tablespoon of half mayo half creme fraiche (so it's sort of barely clinging to them), but I'm bored of that.

well firstly use a mix of sour cream and mayo but drizzle some melted butter also. then add something crunchy (celery, onion, etc...) that is cut up into medium size chunks. i put in lots of salt and pepper in mine and then when it is done i sprinkle paprika over teh top :)

Oh yeah, I put spring onions and gherkins in mine too, cut up really tinily.

What exactly is the difference between sour cream and creme fraiche?

not sure, we have the ingredients in for a spanish omlette thingy but I'm not sure that that is what I want

Im really tired and wondering if walking down to the chinese might be a better choice

there are three teenage girls in my front room and i don't want to cook for all of them, so i'm gonna give them some money to get themselves some food, whilst i will just have cheese on toast.

there are three teenage girls in my front room and i don't want to cook for all of them, so i'm gonna give them some money to get themselves some food, whilst i will just have cheese on toast.

Make them get their own tea :mad:
Then sit back and enjoy your feast :cool:

i had a pack of chilli & lemon crisps this afternoon. i like them very much, so i bought another packet to have in for tomorrow when i get back from the party all hungover. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom