Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! :mad:

He's rubbish at apologies, where apologies are due! :D

And he gets to have the last (incorrect) word and then lock the thread when it starts getting embarrassing. Bah! :mad:

I may even swear again tonight! :hmm:

Just you wait and see MG, you cunt! :cool:

i did a thing on thursday, that had this in it:

diced chicken (free-range, very tasty, a bit pricey tho)
chicken stock
1 of those really hot green chillis
mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame, etc)
courgette
carrot
some turkish 7 spice stuff i found at the back of the cupboard which tastes a bit sort of curryish
worcester sauce
basil
bay leaves
marjoram

it was lush - did 2 days' worth so i had it yesterday. there's a bit left over today but i'm off out soon so it probably won't get eaten until tomorrow... reckon it'll be ok.

the difference in taste is worth the price of buying free-range chucks i reckon. as well as all that ethical bizzle too, obviously. and that does (honestly, no sarcasm) sound nice, MG :)

the difference in taste is worth the price of buying free-range chucks i reckon. as well as all that ethical bizzle too,

oh yes, it is, most definitely. it's the most chickeny-tasting chicken i've ever had tbh - just tesco's free-range but seriously yum. i don't eat chicken very often these days precisely because i only get the free-range ones now. shouldn't've used chicken stock, then should i? just realised. :oops: ah well. :)

Southern fried chicken from morrisons which is very authentic given that the original recipe relies heavily on salt, and fried chips. We realised we were paying for take-aways mainly for the fried food so we do it ourselves once a week instead :p

Beef balls with a fantastic smelling tomatoe sauce currently being rustled up in the kitchen. Have some nice hard dough bread too.

a bunch of us are going out for korean tonite. I'm going to have bulgogi with kimchee :)

230px-Korean.cuisine-Bulgogi-01.jpg

I'm having bruschetta with parma ham (what is left that I haven't eaten straight from the packet), tomato, basil, mozzerella and parmesan. That's my course. The main course is meatballs and spaghetti from my flatmate and lemon drizzle cake with vanilla ice cream is the dessert from my other flatmate. I got the easiest task today. :cool:

Yesterday I had wood pigeon with black pudding and artichokes. But that was cooked by a restaurant, not me. Gosh, I love artichokes.

Last night I made a very nice king prawn salad...bog standard salad (lettuce/tomatoes/olives/cress/spring onion/garlic croutons/caesar dressing) but then fried the prawns in some blitzed ginger and garlic, added a teeny bit of water and kept 'frying' till they were all coated in the tasty syrupy ginger and garlic...lovely...would quite like more for my breakfast, but I've got no lettuce left and the prawns are in the freezer. :mad:

Tonight I'm doing pasta with pancetta and homemade pesto for the kids and probably Ms T's mushroom, puy lentil and thyme casserole - with the addition of a bit of pancetta - for me. With broccoli or summat for all of us.

Last night's tea was the shizzle: delicious organic thin steak with green salad and the best potato salad I've ever made - new potatoes, green beans, thinly sliced courgettes and spring onions dressed with a garlicky lemony mustardy olive oil dressing. Followed by strawberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Fuck knows how I'm going to follow that tonight, although am looking forward to eating the rest of the salad for lunch today.

Last night we had lamb and mint burgers with tzatziki, red onion, chips and salad which was sooooo good.

tonight we're going to have roast chicken, roast potatoes, veg and gravy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom