Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh baldrick - I've been planning on signing myself and the boy up to do this for ages (they have cheap sessions for families on low incomes, but it's at the marina which is a fair way from me and from 4-7.30 once a week, so I keep putting it off....:rolleyes: )...

Is it hard?
Is it fun!?!
Does the harness go on in a really unflattering way?
do it do it do it it's great fun :D

it IS hard i won't lie, the last two times i've been i've worked my arms so hard they wouldn't work any more and just had to watch. theoretically you're supposed to use your legs to push you up, but i'm not good enough really to avoid using my arms a lot.

harnesses aren't that unflattering until you fall off/abseil down again in which case all your arse and leg fat get squeezed :oops: no one cares though, i certainly don't.

your boy will love it, i can assure you.

NOT the kiss!!! :D But plenty of paintings with the gold, not all though.

Can't remember the names of them, but interestingly, there would be a painting of a woman, plus all of the things that were in the room in the house where her portrait was hung...dishes, tables, chairs, trinketty things, plus designs for the carpets used in the room :cool:

There was a massive frieze, plus some self portraits. Really enjoyed it, wasn't expecting it at all. The meet was held at the tate, but the last one I went to we werent allowed access to the Chapman Bros exhibition which was on, so this was a real bonus. I'm meant to be going with some mates on 5th July, so can boast my fucking arse off now that I've been first :D

There were some absolutely fabulous erotic sketches in the last room - proper eye opening!!! All women, thankfully ;):D
that looks ace.

i've seen quite a few of his paintings in the er....flesh so to speak, but not any self-portraits or anything. might have to make the effort to go.

i'm going to make something with broccoli and blue cheese and some toasted pinenuts but i cant decide whether to do pasta or risotto......

Chopped up bacon fried and mixed with baked beans. Bit of tobasco. Chucked on toasted bagels and topped with cheeeeeese!

do it do it do it it's great fun :D

it IS hard i won't lie, the last two times i've been i've worked my arms so hard they wouldn't work any more and just had to watch. theoretically you're supposed to use your legs to push you up, but i'm not good enough really to avoid using my arms a lot.

harnesses aren't that unflattering until you fall off/abseil down again in which case all your arse and leg fat get squeezed no one cares though, i certainly don't.

your boy will love it, i can assure you.

:cool:

Ex told his mate ages ago that I was thinking of doing it and his friend said 'Not being funny, but she'll have to have really strong arms...'... :hmm: :mad: :D

...which kind of makes me more determined to do it...heh heh!

Lamb casserole when I get home at 9.30. And then I am going straight to bed. I am so, so knackered.

Tonight I was going to make pan fried chicken livers with radishes and onion and cucumber relish but the liver was a funny colour so wolfie made sausage and mash instead. We had my banana muffins for pud though.

More field food: grilled chicken breast slices tossed with cold buckwheat soba noodles, carrot/ginger salad, tea eggs, green salad. Mango lassi or cold beer, depending on age and inclination.

Curry...I'm having a takewawy Indian curry. Sharing it with my BF and will most likely be paneer makhani, mixed indian veg bhuna (madras hot) , chaana chabli, boiled rice and bread ( bread choice to be decided by BF). At the moment Im also thinking popadoms, raita, chutneys, onion salad...:)

Just me and the small girl tonight, so a salmon/king prawn/broccoli/spring onion/mushroom/coriander noodle soup...using the tiny bit of stock I got from last nights chicken wings. Quick and tasty. :cool:

am back from Dublin now, and bees has a nice tea/evening planned :cool:

haven't got a clue what but he's bought everything apparantly and all I have to do is sit down and relax :cool:

I finally got round to making the big veg chilli last night, it was very nice - we had tacos :)

Feel like doing something special tonight to mark the end of my working life for the next several months, so will have a nose around the market this lunchtime and see what takes my fancy.

Something REALLY nice as I have been crap at eating this week.
Lazy and disorganised but need some goodness in my belly.
Might pop to the shops at lunchtime to see what tempts.

:)

Do you live in London?
I don't know where Ambleside is or what it means, other than that my road is off Ambleside Ave., which incidentally is where Cynthia Payne lived and held her parties. Is that where you live? :hmm: Are you Cynthia Payne? :hmm:

Anyway, I'm at my mum's tonight, I'm going to try and persuade her to take me out. I probably won't get very far. In fact I'll probably end up cooking.

Nah, St Helens. I was on about the Liverpool Tate. There are interesting places outside of that London you know! :eek:;)

I don't really live in Ambleside. It's a reference to the new HMHB album. And I'm not Cynthia Payne.

Anyhooo! Tonight's tea will be spaghetti carbonara, made with bacon AND a bit of pancetta, and a fair whack of garlic. and THEN I have the choice between choc and vanilla cheesecake, or a fabulous key lime pie :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom