Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably some sort of bean and tuna salad. But the other half isn't feeling too good, so may well end up feeding her grapes and ice cream and just having noodles or something myself.

Does anyone here know how to tell when a watermelon's ripe? Because I bought one, left it for ages, and it's still totally tasteless. You can't exactly smell it like a normal melon, can you?

Does anyone here know how to tell when a watermelon's ripe? Because I bought one, left it for ages, and it's still totally tasteless. You can't exactly smell it like a normal melon, can you?

no, the skin is too thick...maybe you just got a bad one

I'm going to be making lasagne, with gluten-free pasta sheets, soy mince, and dairy-free cheese sauce. Hopefully it will taste a lot nicer than it sounds.

Bastid hot curry maybe. Or a spicy lentil and chick pea type soup. Something spicy anyway. Or macaroni cheese.

It sounds like the most cheerless lasagne in creation.

Is any part of it real?

It's all real! Just not the usual things you'd use for lasagne.

I'm coeliac, vegetarian and mildly lactose intolerant, but love lasagne, so it's worth a try. It'll have to wait till tomorrow now, though - too much going on tonight.

So tonight will be gluten-free spaghetti, real cheese, spinach and pesto.

3 bags of Walkers (worcester sauce, BBQ and Cheese and onion), a bacon and ketchup sarnie, half a slab of Green and Blacks maya gold and a glass of milk.

me and the teen had beef and red wine ravioli with a dolmio stir-in tomato and garlic sauce. if anyone has a problem with that they can just kiss my arse.

I had a salmon fillet baked in a foil parcel with white wine, lemon juice, butter and corriander and corriander mash, followed by a lemon cheesecake with a couple of strawberries from the garden. Was very tasty.

We're harvesting scapes all week, so it's going to be field food until the weekend: moong dal, broccoli/caulflower curry, malai kofta and nan. Carrot achar, raisin/nut chutney. Green salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom