Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken tikka kebab

again!

Got it well nice now thou.I have to buy the nan breads but i have found a certain supermarket brand to be pliable enough to roll the meat in. I use rocket instead of sliced cabbage, and garlic mayonaise. Pisses on anything from a takeway but costs as much to make really. Still, It's almost healthy made and tasty to boot!

Chicken tikka kebab

again!

Got it well nice now thou.I have to buy the nan breads but i have found a certain supermarket brand to be pliable enough to roll the meat in. I use rocket instead of sliced cabbage, and garlic mayonaise. Pisses on anything from a takeway but costs as much to make really. Still, It's almost healthy made and tasty to boot!

Where's the recipe then?

Was going to be enchiladas, but the better half has retired to bed with a cold, so I just made some celeriac soup. Which is pretty bloody tasty actually.

tonight was dinner at the Blueprint Cafe:
Beetroot salad with horseradish sauce and a soft boiled egg.
Hare Pie with brocolli and cabbage
Rhubarb, Syllabub and shortbread.
all washed down with plenty of wine.
nom nom nom nom nom nom :)

Roast chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, and rocket/watercress/iceberg salad

Chicken's only been in half an hour though and I'm staaaarving :(

No - I only had cheese spread on toast about 11 ish

well that would explain the growling tummy :)

i have to decide what to get for lunch, i have to go and return some videos and get petrol so i may as well pick something up...but what? i must have 50 restaurants within a square mile of my flat

We're having roast beef :oops:

I've only just had my lunch* so I hope I'll be ready for it :hmm:

*leftover spinach, chick pea and potato curry and a slice of jam and cream sponge. My 12 yr old makes the best sponge in the world and that is a madzone fact!

We're having homemade pizza. Not sure about toppings yet, probably just tomato, red onion and mushroom with loads of chilli oil.:cool:

Might even do some garlicky doughballs. Mmmmmmmm.

We have had:
Roast chicken spiced with garlic, onion, salt, paprika and rosemary.
Potato gratin, made with 400ml of double cream and little milk instead of 375ml of water and three spoons of cream; and three times the suggested amount of cheese. Some things we should just not fuck about with.
Carrots and broccoli.
Gravy.

And. It. Was. The. Bollocks!

For pudding: shop-bought sponge flan, topped with blueberries and gelatine. That is still to come.

i have to go and return some videos and get petrol so i may as well pick something up...

LOL! :D

Kids are having salmon fishcakes, cheese and tomato flatbread and broccoli and I've got a pork, black eyed bean and yellow pepper stew, which I'll have with broccoli and possibly a bit of their bread if I can get away with nicking some while they're not looking. :hmm:

i stopped by Del Taco which is a west coast mexican fast food chain (similar but different from Taco Bell) that just open up a few stores here.

picked up three tacos del carbon. one with chicken, one with steak, one with shredded beef. they have chili sauce, onions and cilantro on them and are in corn tortillas :)

each one is pretty small :sad:

we had roast chicken, carrots, green beans, and oven chips (coz i couldn't be bothered to peel any potatoes :oops: )

I read the last couple of pages with pure, seething envy as I was making dinner from leftovers in my fridge, but it was surprisingly yummy. I had roasted courgettes, carrots, celeriac, tomatoes and red onions, with quinoa and steamed broccolli and mini sweetcorns.
Admittedly a pizza would have been yummier but it wasn't half bad.

I need some pudding of some description

haven't got a clue what nor anything in the house

arses

Leftover shepherd's pie, a couple of chicken and mushroom pies from the back of the freezer, savoy cabbage & petit pois and gravy if Flashy can be chuffed to make some. I've been on nurse duty to him for a few days now but his appetite has now exceeded his need for sleep so he's in the kitchen. :)

I need some pudding of some description

haven't got a clue what nor anything in the house

arses

Theres a cake on your dining room table I think. :)

We had pizza but it wasn't what I wanted iyswim. :( I need a decent dinner with vegetables. Hmmm, I think I'll have to go shopping after work tomorrow and get some proper food. :cool:

I made a pasta bake:

Penne Pasta
Some Sausages
Sweetcorn
Peas
Passata over the top
Mozarella on top of that.

oommmmnomnomnom.

I just not sure how I am going to heat up the rest of it. hmmm.

I made a pasta bake:

Penne Pasta
Some Sausages
Sweetcorn
Peas
Passata over the top
Mozarella on top of that.

oommmmnomnomnom.

I just not sure how I am going to heat up the rest of it. hmmm.
Sounds lovely. Do you not have a microwave Dillinger? If not, Mother Mogden used to place a turned upside down plate over the top of a plate of dinner, so it kinda looks like a UFO :D, and then put that over a pan of simmering water to warm food through. That was in the days before microwaves and Father Mogden used to work odd shifts.

I have not cooked a single meal for three days. Friday night I was taken to St Johns, where I had ox heart and cockles and freshly baked madeleines (it was AMAZING), then Saturday my dad took me out for a pub meal (where, bless them, they still had hawaian chicken and unspecified "curry and rice" on the menu), and today the in-laws did a Moroccan shephards pie.

I have eaten well *pats tummy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom