Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pasta of some variety, with salad too hopefully. i have just eaten a pack of scampi fries, and can feel the grease expanding my hips as i type!

we've all had jacket spuds with various fillings.

relahni and will also have some tortilla chips and dips to accompany our wine when madge is sfely tucked up in bed later :cool:

Jollof Rice-
INGREDIENTS PREP AMOUNT
Chicken cut into pieces 1 1/2 lbs
Oil 1/4 cup
Water or stock 5 cups

Onions chopped 2 each
Peppers, red bell chopped 1 each
Garlic minced 3-4 cloves
Rice 3 cups
Tomato paste 1/4 cups
Tomatoes chopped 2 cups

Thyme, dried or fresh 2 t or 2 sprigs
Salt and pepper to taste

METHOD
Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large pot. Add the chicken in batches and brown on all sides. Remove to another pot and cover with the 5 cups of water or stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Pour excess oil out of first pot, turn flame to medium and add the onions and peppers. Sauté till onions are translucent. Add the garlic and sauté another 1-2 minutes.

Stir in rice and heat through another 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste to coat the rice and give it a reddish hue. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and let cook down 2-3 minutes.
Pour in the chicken and its simmering liquid, thyme and season well with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes.

Remove from heat, let rest covered another 10 minutes, then serve.

dodo is cubed fried plantain :)

lasagne, with heaps of mushrooms, orange pepper, onion, sun dried tomatoes and garlic in

<licks lips>

i can smell it, it smells nearly done....

Roast chicken, roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots, brocolli and beans.

That's almost exactly what I'm having :hmm:

except I am having peas for greens, not brocolli and beans, and I may throw a couple of Aunt Bessie's yorkshires into the oven as well.

Cancel the beans, it would appear that I forgot to buy any. That's what happens when you take kids shopping. :rolleyes:

I'll have to ring a neighbour to see if they've got any frozen peas. :cool:

Mixed bean chilli - an old favourite of mine. I did intend to do something new this evening, but I'm not feeling all that imaginative at present. Besides, the chilli's bubbling nicely away now and it smells gorgeous. :cool:

went over to me dads and we ordered a mideast platter for my brothers b-day....it had everything in it, kebabs, ghalaba, hummous, tahini, rice with almonds, lamb, chicken kafta....and salad and fresh made pitas.

wonderful :)

Gonna have a bbq on the plot....so teriyaki salmon, some sort of burger for my vegan bezzer (which she's bringing rather than me making :p ), bread and butter cos I got no spuds for potato salad, beetroot and a nice big salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom