Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What waif/stray have you taken in now?

The daughter's ex, her first love. They're all great mates, and she comes to visit about twice a year, but the bloody noise, the mess and the amount of food they get through is a....trial, to say the least *attempts to maintain sanity*

i'm staying at a friends house and having beef stew :)
(not with Soj though :D)

phew! was gonna have to run out for ANOTHER loaf of bread then! :D

actually, i'm thinking dumplings...think i've got some atora int cupboard - that'll fill the buggers up!

We're having the world's most delicious minty lamb burgers from the butcher in Mr Miggins' mum's village :)

A tinny, a slice of wheaten loaf and a fried tomato drizzled lightly with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned with rock salt and black peppercorn, green tea and 2 paracetamol .. can't wait.

We had lamb chops, new potatoes and peas. It was lovely but there wasn't really enough, could have done with more veg to fill the plates up a bit. :(

whats the diff between "new" and "old" potatoes? :confused:
New potatoes are small ones, often the yellow-fleshed waxier salad varieties and old potatoes are bigger and later on in the season and winter ones, sometimes the floury-fleshed ones that are good for mash and roasting, but they can be larger waxy fleshed ones too (really good for cooking then slicing and frying in a pan the next day with bacon and eggs etc)

New potatoes are small ones, often the yellow-fleshed waxier salad varieties and old potatoes are bigger and later on in the season and winter ones, sometimes the floury-fleshed ones that are good for mash and roasting, but they can be larger waxy fleshed ones too (really good for cooking then slicing and frying in a pan the next day with bacon and eggs etc)

i see...:)

I had favourite chicken washed down with lots of cider.i feel a bit queazy but i think that was just from the bus..

tommorow should be eating better,with chili prawn noodle stir fry for tea.can't wait for that :)

Dunno, I haven't defrosted any meat and I am meeting friends so don't know when we will be eating. I want lots of vegetables.

A late lunch/early dinner of roast chicken, with salad and coleslaw and bread and butter which will be ready for when my son and my mum return from their short holiday in Devon.

I am very much hoping that they will be bringing some proper clotted cream and homemade scones for our pudding too, but will have to wait and see.... :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom