Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to make me my fave - stroganoff and chips. Mmmm, it's so good. If not, I might get Khan's - sag paneer and a naan.

we will probably be having miso soup as shiftyjunior has a terrible tummy bug and cant keep much down at all :(
i keep meaning to hone my recipe though so this is an opportune time to practise

A good restaurant doesn't do takeaways

I think they do in America like....where I believe our dear DC is stationed....

Anyway, we will be having beans on toasted bagels jazzed up with a bit of chorizo and possible even some cheese if we're feeling really reckless ;)

OK - have some crisps (so you get a savoury course in) and then have a mars bar BUT then you risk not wanting your tea which would be a disaster! :eek:

Don't

I'm THAT close to ordering a bacon butty.

No risk whatsoever that I wouldn't eat my tea :D

hmmm...crisps....

Hmm, a restaurant in my world is somewhere you go to eat a proper, non-fast food, meal with 3 courses, wine and fancy service and I've never seen one which does takeaway.

Most restaurants will just bag up and send round food off the regular menu in the States - it's not "fast food". They're just more service orientated over there....innit

Most restaurants will just bag up and send round food off the regular menu in the States - it's not "fast food". They're just more service orientated over there....innit

I'm not sure if it's service oriented though - a lot of restaurant food can't really just be bagged up and scootered elsewhere - it'd ruin it. Imagine what a soufflé would look like by the time it got to its destination.

I'm not sure if it's service oriented though - a lot of restaurant food can't really just be bagged up and scootered elsewhere - it'd ruin it. Imagine what a soufflé would look like by the time it got to its destination.

Good point....:D
*makes note not to order delivery souffle*

Hmm, a restaurant in my world is somewhere you go to eat a proper, non-fast food, meal with 3 courses, wine and fancy service and I've never seen one which does takeaway.
That's cos you're a Brit. In the US almost everything is called a restaurant, MCD's etc included

agreed with most of that, but a few great restaurants DO do takeaway too to meet demand, such as Mirsh Masala, in Streatham (which isnt dirt cheap) Even The Ivy offers catering services.:)

My mother is making quiche for us so I'll have to do something frozen for the kids. Obviously I won't give it to them frozen, I'll cook it first.

My dad used to feed me frozen peas and dried pasta. And raw potatoes. And I nibbled on stock cubes. Who needs cooking?

My mother is making quiche for us so I'll have to do something frozen for the kids. Obviously I won't give it to them frozen, I'll cook it first.

Do what I do - give them the quiche and tell them it's pizza. :cool:

We are having pie and oven chips with peas.

I'd rather have anything else. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom