Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fell asleep while lamb was in the oven and woke up too late to start roast potatoes. Had it with wholemeal pitta and emergency meze of hummus, baba ganoush, tarasamalata and med pickles.

oh my. I actually pulled together something quite luscious last night formy guests, despite my laziness.

Starter was avocado with raspberry vinaigrette and side salad. nom nom nom.

Main course was home made kidney bean burgers in warm wholemeal pitta bread, with spicy potato wedges, puy lentil and roast tomato salad, with dressed mixed leaves. nom nom nom.

followed by slightly charred :oops: vegan chocolate cake and mango sorbet.

tonight will be eating out I think... I still have the washing up to do!

Sausages in rolls and a tomato and green bean salad.

Will possibly be barbecuing the sauages, but possibly not - dependent on whether the sun stays out. :hmm:

I am currently cooking three (count 'em three) large meals at the same time.

1. Pork belly in the oven that's been there for a couple of hours and will be there for another 3 (that's tonight's tea). To be eaten with mashed potato and roast parsnips.

2. Pork, bean and lentil casserole on the hob with chunky onions and red peppers, red wine, paprika and tomato. To be frozen for later consumption.

3. Spag bol - the full-on version with chicken livers, cream etc. The soffritto is currently softening. This is also to be frozen for later consumption.

In addition, I have variously diced, sliced and roughly chopped many carrots and celery and portioned and frozen them for later use.

I fucking love cooking :cool:

I am making some vegetable stock. Tomorrow I'm going to make some sweet potato and lime soup, then some plaice with some simple new potatoes with lots of butter.

I am currently cooking three (count 'em three) large meals at the same time.

1. Pork belly in the oven that's been there for a couple of hours and will be there for another 3 (that's tonight's tea). To be eaten with mashed potato and roast parsnips.

2. Pork, bean and lentil casserole on the hob with chunky onions and red peppers, red wine, paprika and tomato. To be frozen for later consumption.

3. Spag bol - the full-on version with chicken livers, cream etc. The soffritto is currently softening. This is also to be frozen for later consumption.

In addition, I have variously diced, sliced and roughly chopped many carrots and celery and portioned and frozen them for later use.

I fucking love cooking :cool:

I like the sound of all of those, but especially the casserole :)

Sweet potato and lime soup? Unsual! That is not a combination I would've considered at all. Where's that from?

I find sweet potatoes a bit, er, sweet for my tastes :oops: The lime could work well against that though. I'd be worried it might taste too much like a pudding, if you get what I mean. Do let me know how it goes.

I find sweet potatoes a bit, er, sweet for my tastes :oops: The lime could work well against that though. I'd be worried it might taste too much like a pudding, if you get what I mean. Do let me know how it goes.

Will do :)

I think attempting to bridge the gap between soup and pudding is a noble endeavour ...

so far, crisps. if my housemate gets out of the kitchen soon, i may make something a bit more substanstial

Nice soup, though I forgot to buy any limes so used half a lemon instead, plus leeks, chill, wild garlic and spring onions. It was sweet, of course, and could have done with a bit more chilli to give it some kick and cut through the sweetness.

Pork medallions with some kind of creamy sauce involving chives and shallots. Not sure how I'm gonna do it though as I have no recipe. Accompanied by new potatoes.

tonight was junk tea cos I've been out all day - so we had fishy fingers, potato waffles and beans :cool: it rocked :D

Nice soup, though I forgot to buy any limes so used half a lemon instead, plus leeks, chill, wild garlic and spring onions. It was sweet, of course, and could have done with a bit more chilli to give it some kick and cut through the sweetness.

Hmm. Not rocking my boat so far. But that's entirely my weird prejudice against sweet potatoes.

I put some chillies in the pork, bean and lentil casserole I did, which worked well I think.

Dunno....

My wife is off work for the next couple of weeks so I might get lucky and have dinner cooked for me later. Need to do some food shopping tonight as well I guess.....

bacon and bean gratin with veggies and a glass of wine :)

then an evening of writing a conference abstract :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom