Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
missfran said:
I don't know what's wrong with you lot, this is my favourite time of year for cooking. Nights are drawing in, it's time to do lovely rich casseroles and stews. Root veg is in season for roasting and mashing, shellfish are at their peak and beautiful on their own or with pasta. It's the time for comfort food, for lentils and beans and hearty good food.

Come on guys, this is a wonderful time to be a cook.
it is if your not stressed to bollocks with work and study and cake decorating and mixed in to that really quite down

I don't have time atm to shop let alone cook

roll on 2 weeks when normality will be resumed

I have no idea what to cook tonight. However, I have both halloumi and mozzerrella in the fridge - so something cheesey I hope :)

aqua said:
that's the offer I bought mine with

Then I have good news for you!

Those are the ones that are SUPPOSED to be cooked from frozen!!!!! :cool:

BEST COOKED from frozen!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

WOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

<lets off fireworks>

:oops:

BiddlyBee said:
(If I wasn't getting home at gone 9pm then maybe I'd cook something... but putting on a casserole or stew would mean not eating til 11pm :eek:

You need a slow cooker. :)

Shove it all in in the morning and come home to a lovely dinner.

So I've been told, I was given one but have never used it. :rolleyes:

missfran said:
I don't know what's wrong with you lot, this is my favourite time of year for cooking. Nights are drawing in, it's time to do lovely rich casseroles and stews. Root veg is in season for roasting and mashing, shellfish are at their peak and beautiful on their own or with pasta. It's the time for comfort food, for lentils and beans and hearty good food.

Come on guys, this is a wonderful time to be a cook.

I know, and usually I'm all over autumn and its culinary pleasures. It's not like me at all to be so meh.

On the other hand, I have long suspected that my extravagant cooking binges have been a way to fill the hole of dissatisfaction caused by putting off doing all the intellectual, challenging things I felt I ought to be doing (writing, making music, all the scary stuff). Now that I've started my MA and am loving using my brain again - and also finding it a lot less scary than I imagined! - I guess I'm feeling less of a need to outsource my creativity to the kitchen.

I think this is probably why I'm also feeling less hunger - I always eat more when I'm bored, and until recently I have been keeping myself bored right down to my soul.

Time for Mr K to brush up his kitchen skillz, methinks :D

aqua said:
I'm not dozy :(

*runs off crying*
I know you're not

I'm just in an incredibly bad mood and on the edge of fucking tears myself!!

The prawns will be fine done from frozen. enjoy them :)

*takes soj to the pub*

i feel so shit today (stressed and down) that if someone looks at me funny I'm in danger or either shouting at them or crying at them :oops:

come on, a pint will do us good :D

Something with tuna. Possible griddled with some kind of sauce and sweet potato wedges and salad. Haven't decided yet.

aqua said:
*takes soj to the pub*

i feel so shit today (stressed and down) that if someone looks at me funny I'm in danger or either shouting at them or crying at them :oops:

I've got the Tuesday blues as well, although tbh that's probably more to do with what my friend euphemistically refers to as 'partying with MuM And Dad' on Saturday night :D Pints all round eh?

aqua said:
*takes soj to the pub*

I can't leave reception!

Ah fuck it, go on then, let's go. Have they got a pool table?

aqua said:

*Looks at aqua funny*

*Scarpers*

:eek:

aqua said:
I haven't yet :oops: though I have chilled out a bit :cool:
I must confess to actually having had watery eyes about 40 mins ago. And have decided to put all important jobs onto a day when I can actually stand a chance of completing them! This has helped with the watery eyes. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom