Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very excited about tonights dinner. We're having roast lamb shoulder, roast potatoes, roasted baby beetroot and baby carrots and broad beans - all produced right here on the smallholding :cool:

I am going to a Chinese buffet thing for a friends birthday...sadly I don't like Chinese food but Im up for giving it another try...

how can you not like chinese? all that lovely msg and salt :D

I'm cooking shepherds pie tonight, bees might not be back for tea though and I'm going to have problems not eating the lot :oops:

madzone said:
I'm very excited about tonights dinner. We're having roast lamb shoulder, roast potatoes, roasted baby beetroot and baby carrots and broad beans - all produced right here on the smallholding :cool:
God that sounds fantastic...apart from the beetroot. Too many wronguns on here with a strange liking for beetroot

I'm making lentil soup - with added double onions, carrots, garlic, chicken stock, paprika, black pepper. Can never just do a SIMPLE soup :D

sojourner said:
God that sounds fantastic...apart from the beetroot. Too many wronguns on here with a strange liking for beetroot

I'm making lentil soup - with added double onions, carrots, garlic, chicken stock, paprika, black pepper. Can never just do a SIMPLE soup :D

I LOVE beetroot.....esp roasted...mmmmmmmmyumskimmmmm

madzone said:

Well done indeed. Our garden has produced one baby beetroot, two lettuces spring onions and a ton of herbs so far.

Tea is roast pork, potatoes -haven't decided on the precise incarnation - sprouts, peas, (both freezer), beetroot in lemon sauce and carrots.

AnnaKarpik said:
potatoes -haven't decided on the precise incarnation
Ah, the essence of a good suburban post - mashed? roasted? sauteed? baked?

I found myself discussing (well, preaching tbh) the attributes and uses of various types of potatoes at a lunch after a business meeting tother day, to the woman I was meant to be smarming - we got right into it :D

Hmm....something from Mr Double's Roti's on the corner of Norwood Road/Croxted Road or delicious chinese is what I fanci...

That was fucking lush! We had to eat early as Mr Madz has to drive to Exeter and back to pick up middle boy. The carrots were small so I just cut them in half lengthways and the thin ends burnt bit and tasted of honeycomb. And as for the broad beans.....

I reckon I'll be making soup tonight as well. Got not much veg in but loads of random crap in the cupboards that needs eating - beans, chickpeas, lentils and the like. So it'll be...carrot, shallot, and lentil soup. Or carrot, spud, garlic, onion and bean soup. With lots of harissa. Mmmm, harissa.

I can't believe you don't like beetroot soj! Beetroot is brilliant, AND it turns your wee pink :cool:

i'm meeting friends at some bloody italian place...so it'll probably be spaghetti w/ meatballs or lasagna or veal parmesan....who knows? theres supposed to be some new single girls there so I may not have my mind on food :D

i had home made pitta and houmous for lunch with cucumber, celery and beetroot..... what to have for dinner is currently tricky.... supermarkets are shut and not much in the house.....

have lots of courgettes right enough.... hmmmm.....

i had an omlette mishap so i had scrambled egg :) with ham,onion, and cheesey chips

chocolate souflee for pudding me thinks, as there is a gu one in the fridge

feyr said:
chocolate souflee for pudding me thinks, as there is a gu one in the fridge

Mmmmm, those Gu puds are amazing *drool*

We'll be having a Co-Op apple crumble with cream, that was purchased last night in a drink-sodden effort to cheer ourselves up :)

tonight is a risotto of some description :D might be bacon if I remember to ask bees to take it out of the freezer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom