Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sausage and chickpea stew, using leftover saussies

I'm re-trying planning a menu for the week. This is mainly because I'm skint and have lots of odd ingredients that need using.

So this week it's the saussie and chickpea stew x 2, lentil soup x 2, veg and borlotti bean risotto, and noodles with pep/onion/shallot/rest of the borlotti beans

:cool:

sojourner said:
Sausage and chickpea stew, using leftover saussies

I'm re-trying planning a menu for the week. This is mainly because I'm skint and have lots of odd ingredients that need using.

So this week it's the saussie and chickpea stew x 2, lentil soup x 2, veg and borlotti bean risotto, and noodles with pep/onion/shallot/rest of the borlotti beans

:cool:
Fucking hell, that's an ace menu - you should be able to do that for under £20

*insert impressed smiley*

madzone said:
Fucking hell, that's an ace menu - you should be able to do that for under £20

*insert impressed smiley*
Cheers :cool:

I've got most of the ingredients already - probably need one more pepper (to go with the noodles), and one carrot (for the soup), so it'll be even cheaper than that!

madzone said:
Macaroni cheese (I'll chuck a few mushrooms in mine :cool: ) salad and maybe some nice bread.
I was tinkering with the idea of mac cheese, but am instead using the cheese for all-week butties for lunch - have tomatoes, and some lettuce, so they'll go on the butties too

I *heart* roasted tomatoes with mac cheese - sprinkled with dried basil and black pepper. Rarrr

We have homemade burgers and chips and corn on the cob.

I was going to do meatballs in tomato sauce but I've got white trousers on. :oops:

We're having Tom Yam Kung (Thai spicy soup with prawns) and noodles with pork and prawns.

feyr said:
i am having chinese .mr feyr is coming over to talk, and is bringing chinese
Trouble at mill lass?

Well my carefully planned menu now needs to be expanded due to 2 extra people staying next week, one after the other. Leek and potato soup it is then!

I'm in alone for tea and i have food in the house

but i'm feeling a bit *shrugs shoulders* dunno - not right

I think its cos I've been under so much stress the last week or so and now everything is finished (2 conferences papers presented and an essay submitted) that I feel quite flat

so I've eaten loads of cheese, have some cider and might order a chinese and have an indulgence day :cool:

Well I don't know what to do now. I appear to have 2 children that aren't mine, 1 that is, 1 of mine still isn't back from footie and 1 will turn up when she feels like it.

I don't know when the ones that aren't mine are going home or when mine are coming back.

So, I can't even think about starting tea until they have all been and gone iyswim.

:confused: :rolleyes:

moomoo said:
Well I don't know what to do now. I appear to have 2 children that aren't mine, 1 that is, 1 of mine still isn't back from footie and 1 will turn up when she feels like it.

I don't know when the ones that aren't mine are going home or when mine are coming back.

So, I can't even think about starting tea until they have all been and gone iyswim.

:confused: :rolleyes:
I remember that...loads of kids in the house and you're thinking 'will you just FUCK OFF?' :D

My solution? If you ain't got enough cheap food to feed em, make your tea anyway, and TELL THEM. They might just bugger off

Oh, and as for the kid who isn't back, put his tea on a plate inth'oven

sojourner said:
I remember that...loads of kids in the house and you're thinking 'will you just FUCK OFF?' :D

My solution? If you ain't got enough cheap food to feed em, make your tea anyway, and TELL THEM. They might just bugger off

Oh, and as for the kid who isn't back, put his tea on a plate inth'oven

Well, I would but their mum and dad have gone out and they are only 7 and 4. :D They should be back soonish though, gone to buy a tv or something. :rolleyes:

Normally I'd just feed whoever was here but I've not got many oven chips left!

aqua, don't tempt me! I'd love a chinese. :) You could come round here!

moomoo said:
Well, I would but their mum and dad have gone out and they are only 7 and 4. :D

aqua, don't tempt me! I'd love a chinese. :)
7 and 4? Give em a ketchup butty, they'll be happy with that while you're eating a lovely tea :D

*wonders how she can order a chinese for her and moomoo without leaving her sofa :D*

I don't have the car bees does

I have cider here too :D you come here, the kids will be fine ;) :D

aqua said:
I don't have the car bees does

I have cider here too :D you come here, the kids will be fine ;) :D

If madam was here I could but her babysitting services are being used elsewhere tonight. :mad:

Another time. :)

Enjoy!

well how rude :D def another time, you need to come and see the mammouth sunflower anyway :D

I was going to make a delicately spiced lamb stew, you know Eastern Med meets North Africa kind of thing, but it turned into lamb curry while I wasn't concentrating :D

bagels with eggs (fried in garlic butter) and bacon and cheese and ketchup and mayo.

*arteries clang*

Roast lamb stuffed with garlic and rosemary, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, brocolli, cabbage and carrots, yorkshire pudding and gravy.

If I can be bothered to cook it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom