Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was still hungry so had a pitta bread and half a tub of cottage cheese. so much for my not snacking:(

I had about 6 chicken drumsticks left over from a mates bbq..I feel very full of chicken!

It's a freezer dip tonight so it could be a plate of beige or it could be a ready steady cook style mish mash.

Ooooo and a work colleague has just given me a bag of blackberries from her garden :cool: Might be time to road test the jam pan. :D

tonight I don't know, cos we're off round to friends houses, although as I am bringing pudding, I know that :D its white chocolate and strawberry cheesecake :cool:

Hungry this morning....

Company pub lunch today which is nice and will hopefully get fed for free.

Not sure about dinner tonight though, will probably have something stodgy like sausage and mash or if I am not too lazy then fajitas perhaps?

Hmmmmm....... Mexican :)

Ended up having pizza and salad last night, so today is the lasagne we were meant to have yesterday.....a layer of grated fried courgette with garlic, a layer of salmon with a good splash of lemon, a layer of fried mushrooms, a layer of spinach and bechamel, another of salmon and a final one of the courgette, then a good dollop of bechamel and some parmesan on top.
A bit of a mish-mash, but it looks good all the same. :cool:

However, since I've actually made it already and it's loudlycalling my name, I think we might have to have that for lunch and just have a salad or something for supper. :D

I'm throwing a swimming pool party. I've been preparing good summer eats all day. Shattered and about to take a short siesta :)

On the menu:

My favourite Mexican salad. Finely dices cucumber, tomato, onion, garlic, apple and red peppers with lemon juice, lemon mint, oregano and a touch of posh pepper and salt.

Mushy baked beans. Loads of olive oil and garlic. Beans boiled to a mush. A chorizo mushy bean option for the non-vegetarians. Served with home baked bread by lovely Stefi the bread lady.

Pasta with tomato and basil sauce.

For pudding, water melon slices drizzled with honey and powdered with fresh ground cinnamon.

Should be good. Hope some people bring their own beers. I've almost emptied my fridge already. Hot hot hot.

Hot Spanish August night by the pool with lovely company, candle light, good food and real music :) :) :)

aqua said:
tonight I don't know, cos we're off round to friends houses, although as I am bringing pudding, I know that :D its white chocolate and strawberry cheesecake :cool:

Can you drop me off a slice but leave off the strawberries? :cool:

Ta. :D

I'm sick of bolting my food before going the hossy, so tonight, am gonna stopper the raging hunger with a few crisps before I go, then come back and drink lots of a lovely sangiovese I got on offer, then make pesto linguine with king prawns, smothered in parmesan :cool: Then have a peppermint tea and eat a whole bar of dark choccy :cool: x 1000

God, I know how to live it up, eh?

sojourner said:
I'm sick of bolting my food before going the hossy, so tonight, am gonna stopper the raging hunger with a few crisps before I go, then come back and drink lots of a lovely sangiovese I got on offer, then make pesto linguine with king prawns, smothered in parmesan :cool: Then have a peppermint tea and eat a whole bar of dark choccy :cool: x 1000

God, I know how to live it up, eh?

You're going to the hossy a lot? *concerned*

i had fish with roast peppers and garlic, with pasta.then a banana, an apple and a pear for pudding. as its friday, i'm having a glass of white wine, and 3 hershy kisses as a treat, had 2 handfuls of kettle chips too :oops:

Last night was shattered from an eight mile walk in Surrey so had fishfinger sandwiches and tortilla chips washed down with a rather nice bottle of white wine (Bergerac, if anyone's interested).

Tonight we're going to fire up the barbecue for what feels like the first time this summer. Off to the butcher's in a minute.

I didn't know I liked gherkins til last night but it was the only thing available - much nicer than those slimey slices you get in McDonalds' burgers

Oh, I just remembered: I demanded more food and my gracious host baked me a goat's cheese and butternut squash pie

spag bog i think, probably with salad. dont really fancy it though, but dunno what else to make with the mince

Last night I had take away fish and chips sat on a bench on the fish quay in North Shields, it was very good. :D

Tonight, not sure yet - have some nice prawns and chorizo in the fridge so maybe mix them up with some rice and what veg needs eating up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom