Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomoo said:
When I lived in London, there was a spud-u-like place nearby and my favourite dinner was baked potato with cheese and caribbean salad. :cool:

And it was cheap. :)

All the spud-u-likes I used to know are gone :(

I loved spud-u-like (pronounced "spudYOUlickeh" btw).

hiccup said:
Mixed salad in a jacket spud? Sounds pretty perverted to me.

Fuck off! Tangily dressed salad with a big forkful of steaming hot baked potato.......mmmmmmmm.

missfran: you may be interested to learn that the Leicester Spudulike is still going strong. It's in the Shires shopping centre, should you ever pass this way :)

missfran said:
All the spud-u-likes I used to know are gone :(

I know, tragic isn't it. :(

Now I have to make them at home and have cheese and coleslaw.

It ain't the same I tell ya. :rolleyes:

May Kasahara said:
Fuck off! Tangily dressed salad with a big forkful of steaming hot baked potato.......mmmmmmmm.

I just couldn't bear the thought of the salad leaves wilting and going all ick from the heat of the potato. Or slices of cucumber arriving in my mouth all warm. Wrongness.

I concede that french dressing on a jacket spud could be tasty.

PS Hiccup - Alex and L are going to the cinema together tonight to watch Potter. I think he's cheating on your man-dates.

missfran said:
PS Hiccup - Alex and L are going to the cinema together tonight to watch Potter. I think he's cheating on your man-dates.

It's OK, he told me. We have an open relationship.

tonight is herbed fish, veg and a few new potatoes.

am about to have a sandwhich for my lunch, possibly a cheese toasty

More chicken and sweetcorn soup and noodles. It turned out perfectly, except I didn't have an egg to put in at the end, but I could live with that

It's the boy's birthday so his favourite dinner - fajitas - followed by a moist chocolate and almond cake with chocolate fudge icing and extra thick double cream which I'm hoping will be nice, even though I've potentially totally fucked the cake by accidentally tipping shit loads of dessicated coconut in to start with (the packaging was very similar to the ground almonds :mad: ) and then left the milk out altogether. :rolleyes:

(I actually said to heo as I was attempting to empty it from the mixing bowl to the baking tin '..this cake mix is REALLY STIFF!'......heh heh! :oops: )

I managed to get most of the coconut out, but the lack of milk seems to have made it slightly brick like :D .....but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that smothering it in icing and cream will fool their taste buds. :cool:

Take away curry from the Asda curry counter. :oops: and :D

I don't mind warm cuke in the right context. Lettuce and gravy is lovely :)

my tea was disapointing :( forgot to herb the fish, so it twas a bit bland, 2 of the pots were bad inside, and i only had green veg(spinach and green beans) in so it looked a bit boring. however, my lunch, a ham ,spinach and cotage cheese sanswhich with side salad was so lush, i am still food happy. soon i wil have my pudding- banana and strawberries with yogyrt and choped nuts. and 3 hershy kisses :)

Inspired by the Hairy Bikers on telly this evening, I'm making a sweetcorn, prawn, wakame and noodle soup.

And a big bowl of sugar-free jelly :D

Mixed bean salad (damn you JTG I nearly wrote 'been' :mad:), green salad, couple of boiled eggs, and maybe some salami and cheeky slice of cheese... I have no idea what I'm doing :D

We've been to the pub for tea and I had lasagne and chips.

I'm a very happy girl tonight. :D

I always have lasagne when we go out because none of the children like it so I never make it at home but it's one of my favourites. :)

I had honey and mustard roast salmon, potato gratin and stirfried courgette, hispi cabbage and carrot. All with a delicious few glasses of red wine. I am a satisfied lady :)

Your dinner sounds yummous May! What's hipsi cabbidge though?

Tonight I iz making my gangsta moroccan chicken and chickpea casserole served with cous cous and grilled halloumi. Mmm mmmm!

A nice chunk of gammon if Flashy can find some up at Lidl, and some green beans. Hopefully some spuds too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom