Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was the kedgeree I had planned for last night

but we didn't have it cos bees wanted junk food :D

We had egg on toast in the end. But there was a small crisis when the teenager went to the corner shop to buy the eggs and there were no free range ones.

Hard decision involving a text and a phone call to mum!

Do we starve or eat the eggs from the poor caged chickens? :(

Lasagne, peas and garlic bread cooked by my lovely wife :)

Sitting down to eat in 5 minutes and have a nice bottle of red to wash it down with. I think that once this is consumed and I have had a smoke I will be heading to the land of nod

We have a Chinese person around so I'm having a real chinese meal tonight, it's gorgeous, none of that nasty msg stuff, it's got chicken. beef, carrots, cabbage and bamboo and lots of other stuff I don't recognise.

sleaterkinney said:
We have a Chinese person around so I'm having a real chinese meal tonight, it's gorgeous, none of that nasty msg stuff, it's got chicken. beef, carrots, cabbage and bamboo and lots of other stuff I don't recognise.

You lucky bugger. :D

sleaterkinney said:
Mine had pak choi and water chestnuts and ginger and lots of lovely tings. My halo is shining. Last night I had two apple turnovers and some Chateauneuf de Pape and my halo was rather dull.

it *was* going to just be coolbeans on toast, but it's turned into a lardy veggie fryup :cool:

if i had some st mccartney sausages, i would swap for eggs and have a lardy vegan fryup instead :cool:er

I had a work lunch today so had chicken satay, beef in black bean and boiled rice- it was yum.:)

I have just had 3 pieces of toast.

I found a load of broken Jacobs crackers this morning in the packet, so I'm going to crush them up and use them as a crispy coating for something. Probably some fish. How's that for thrift?

BiddlyBee said:
Bugger... I want your tea :(

Can I borrow your wife? :D

:D

My wife is always up for lending.........

It was a good lasagne and I still have leftovers which is good news. Will probably have a bit later tonight :)

missfran said:
I found a load of broken Jacobs crackers this morning in the packet, so I'm going to crush them up and use them as a crispy coating for something. Probably some fish. How's that for thrift?

Even better, see how many dry crackers you can eat in a minute without having a drink. Much more fun.

Last night was a spicy veggie casserole I made with some carrots and sweet potato I had that needed eating up supplemented with a tin of kidney beans, and a jacket spud. 'Twas really nice, and I made enough to freeze some of it. :cool:

Tonight, I've no idea. Veggie chilli, maybe.

May Kasahara said:
Had twisty pasta with red pepper, cuke and green pesto.

What's cuke?

I've got a craving for jacket spuds tonight but what shall I put in them? Please note I iz hating baked beans so none of that please!

pootle said:
What's cuke?

I've got a craving for jacket spuds tonight but what shall I put in them? Please note I iz hating baked beans so none of that please!

Curly puke :)

Put it in your spuds :)

pootle said:
What's cuke?

My favourite jacket spud toppings: loads of mixed salad and French dressing; cheese and coleslaw; veggie chilli (more of a winter one really).

(and yes, it is cucumber)

May Kasahara said:
My favourite jacket spud toppings: loads of mixed salad and French dressing; cheese and coleslaw; veggie chilli (more of a winter one really).

(and yes, it is cucumber)

Mixed salad in a jacket spud? Sounds pretty perverted to me.

When I lived in London, there was a spud-u-like place nearby and my favourite dinner was baked potato with cheese and caribbean salad. :cool:

And it was cheap. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom