Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever I can rustle up in the ten minutes I have at home before I have to dash out to salsa class.

missfran said:
That's exactly what I've got for my lunch. Aren't we all Nigella, with our friozen portions :D.
Heh

I can never EVER bring myself to throw away food if there's enough left for a reasonable portion! I was doing it way before I fell in lust with Nigella too:D

Mine's more about saving money than not wasting food. I'm on a "stop spending so much money on food" drive. Because when I'm tempted, I really can spend inexcusable amounts.

missfran said:
Mine's more about saving money than not wasting food. I'm on a "stop spending so much money on food" drive. Because when I'm tempted, I really can spend inexcusable amounts.
Boils down to the same thing with me

My money goes absolutely nowhere and I'm convinced I overspend on food as well. So I've been going back to basics, making my mind work harder on cheap tasty food, and making it last! I was rather proud of my 4 day veggie curry last week - and there's a frozen portion as well!! It fed 3 of us for 2 days, me for another 2, and one portion left :cool:

Merguez sausages with lemon courgettes, new potatoes, roast balsamic tomatoes and salad. I looooves merguez sausages. :cool:

pootle said:
Your dinner sounds yummous May! What's hipsi cabbidge though?

It's just another type of cabbage - it's the conical kind. It's got a lighter, nuttier flavour than round cabbage and also, I've noticed, doesn't give me the farts as much, so a winner all round.

Ms T said:
Lamb and beef, I think, and lots of spice. They're North African, originally, but I got into them in France. :)
And where would one purchase them? I'm damn sure I've not seen them round here. They sound delish

sojourner said:
And where would one purchase them? I'm damn sure I've not seen them round here. They sound delish

The ones we're having tonight I got in France and bunged in the freezer. My local butcher sells them sometimes though, but I'm not sure if you can find them in the supermarket. Do you have any Middle Eastern type shops near you?

Ms T said:
The ones we're having tonight I got in France and bunged in the freezer. My local butcher sells them sometimes though, but I'm not sure if you can find them in the supermarket. Do you have any Middle Eastern type shops near you?
:( No, no ME shops round here. I might have a look in Liverpool on Saturday though.

No I won't - I'm trying to save money! :rolleyes: (at self)

Thanks anyway :D

sojourner said:
:( No, no ME shops round here. I might have a look in Liverpool on Saturday though.

No I won't - I'm trying to save money! :rolleyes: (at self)

Thanks anyway :D

They're not expensive!

chinese style pork with rice, brocolli and peppers i think. feeling a bit tired though so might just have soup

do you want some chocolate cake? there is a slice left in the kitchen here

I made a test 12" cake last night and the greedy sods have eaten nearly all of it :D

aqua said:
do you want some chocolate cake? there is a slice left in the kitchen here

I made a test 12" cake last night and the greedy sods have eaten nearly all of it :D
*faints*

Christ, I'd KILL for choccy cake right now

get in the car to brum then :D

although tbh by the time you got here it would be gone :D

aqua said:
get in the car to brum then :D

although tbh by the time you got here it would be gone :D
Plus I'd have wiped out several people and myself by fainting on the motorway doing 90 :D

I need chocolate cake now. Will get some later! Mmm, with cream...

this one is really for celebration cakes (can take the weight of icing) but straight out of the oven its perfect with creamy icecream :cool: ;)

Hey clever surburban/foodie types...what drink would go best with moroccan chicken and chickpea casserole, cous cous and halloumi?

Beer would be ok, wouldn't it? But which one?

aqua said:
this one is really for celebration cakes (can take the weight of icing) but straight out of the oven its perfect with creamy icecream :cool: ;)
What are you trying to do to me woman!!

I'm drinking lots of water but it ain't filling no hole :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom