Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had Arroz Riojano,which is pretty much bolagnase with rice, with rocket. then a banana with yogurt,hunny and nuts.

We had barbecued chicken with lemon, garlic and thyme, sausages with a mango chutney dip and marinated grilled squid. Served with new potato salad, bread and puy lentil salad with boconcini (little balls of mozzarella).

For afters we had homemade vanilla ice cream with amorello cherries, which was, quite simply, DIVINE. :cool:

Today we will be having leftovers.

iT'S A FUCKIN BEAUTIFUL DAY :cool: SO WE'VE GOT A COUPLE OR FOUR FRIENDS AND KIDS COMING OVER FOR A BBQ (whoops cap lock :mad: ) so various things....ribs/vegan/veg sausages/burgers/some grilled plot courgettes/some freshly picked plot lettuce........nothing hugely interesting cos I can't be fucked to spend half the day preparing it all and anyway, the most important thing is LOTS OF BEER! :D :cool:

Doritos and a Mars Bar.

Later, some food from the (defrosting) freezer - we stupidly left the door open all week whilst we were away. Couldn't close the fucking door when we found it :oops:

I had half a hummos and roasted veg wrap, half a homemade spicey beanburger and a large portion of salad then had a strange frozen curd and cranberry jam thing from a ? Turkish shop....now I am going to munch on McCains rustic oven chips and mayo...also had 1 1/2 pints of scrumpy jack...

I went to a bbq where there was jerk wings,sausage kebabs (each kebab with a bit of 3 different sausages oink oink),kofte kebabs,a huge medeterainian stylee salad,veggie kebabs,teriyaki chicken,roasted peppers stuffed with rice and chorizo,all prepared this morning.Wasked down with lots of san miguel and sangria.We had bbqed bananas and ice cream for pud (and I had a sneaky spliff :) ).

I made up for the lack of food all weekend..I had one of everything and then did round two.Stuffed and happy.

Damn this thread....

I ate LOADS yesterday (mostly crap) but am really hungry today. Might do a pasta tonight with either chicken or tuna as I have some peppers to use up and loads of cheese to grate over the top :)

What I really fancy is a steak and chips but on a tight budget this month :(

Depends where I can be bothered to go for supplies today - likely to involve cheap veg from the market, possibly also some delicious tom yam soup paste if I can drag myself to the oriental supermarket.

Chicken curry and parathas or if himself is too tired to fetch the chicken, an Indian style dish with paneer and courgettes with parathas.

Ready made 'additives r us' meal from Sainsburys and the children have got a pizza to share with garlic bread and salad. :D

I'm trying to empty the freezer. :rolleyes:

A chuicken casserole with a variety of plot veg - peas, green beans, mange tout, courgettes and carrots - and fresh plot herbs. :cool:

I might make some crusty herb dumplings too.

salad...not sure what having a detox week so salad and fruit all the way through, nothing spesh...mixed leafs, toms, pepper, shallots with prawns in a sauce of my making as yet undecided :)

DRINK? said:
salad...not sure what having a detox week so salad and fruit all the way through, nothing spesh...mixed leafs, toms, pepper, shallots with prawns in a sauce of my making as yet undecided :)
Last I heard, prawns weren't salad OR fruit :p

sojourner said:
Last I heard, prawns weren't salad OR fruit :p

clever clogs....:) I know but my detox usually involves me talking about it than being to strict....will stick clear of bread, rice, booze etc....

I will be eating mainly fruit and veg though a little fish will be consumed also...

this time next week I will feel a million bucks :)

DRINK? said:
clever clogs....:) I know but my detox usually involves me talking about it than being to strict....will stick clear of bread, rice, booze etc....

I will be eating mainly fruit and veg though a little fish will be consumed also...

this time next week I will feel a million bucks :)
I just can't help it :D :p

fish is good though - and probably better for you than prawns given the stuff I've heard about them.

I don't think I've ever done a detox. I eat really well anyway, so no point

Badgers said:
Something that requires little or no preparation

aye, that's what I had last night...
Nilgiri kofta
Kahari paneer
Bhindi channa masala
Tarka dhal
Rice and a paratha... oh, and an onion bhaji. All just a phone call away :D

Tonight, some kind of courgette and lentil bake i think. With some spuds, carrots and beans off the plot :)

sojourner said:

fish is good though - and probably better for you than prawns given the stuff I've heard about them.

hmmm I've never done a proper one though after filthy weekends is something I try and do....we shall see though am looking forward to it already, tis the glass of white plonk I really need to abstain from :)

sojourner said:

You were in my dream the other night! I was trying to be healthy and you were leading me astray with eclairs and the like.

DRINK? said:
hmmm I've never done a proper one though after filthy weekends is something I try and do....we shall see though am looking forward to it already, tis the glass of white plonk I really need to abstain from :)
Good luck! Find a really good book to read - you won't be able to concentrate on it properly if you have a drink, so it helps with the abstinence :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom