Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rib eye steaks from my nice butcher friend, perhaps with some home made chips or dauphinoisse potatoes. Veg undecided - it's all about the smoking griddle action tonight.

:)

Don't eat tea. :(

But for lunch, which is last meal of the day, today it's something random and unidentified out of the freezer. :D

It's red, so I think it's some kind of tomatoey pasta sauce we cooked recently. I've got quinoa to go with it, just to be safe. :cool:

I was going to do something different tonight, but as I appear to have come down with a fucking HORRIBLE cold, it's veggie curry - 3rd night running

Good job I like it

Stig said:
Don't eat tea. :(

But for lunch, which is last meal of the day, today it's something random and unidentified out of the freezer. :D

It's red, so I think it's some kind of tomatoey pasta sauce we cooked recently. I've got quinoa to go with it, just to be safe. :cool:
How come lunch is the last meal?? Blimey - are you not fucking STARVING come 7pm?

i'll be at work and as its the last tea of term its bound to random and disgusting. i still feel lousey so i will probaby have soup or a lemsip instead. cant swallow food still, had one bite of my chicken tortilla last night beore deciding it wasnt worth the pain!

i may make some scrambled eggs for lnch as it has no sharp edges :D

no time to eat tonight...maybe a protein/carb shake if i can fit it in.

but did manage to have a decent lunch.
one big bowl of salad and a grilled chicken breast.

sojourner said:
How come lunch is the last meal?? Blimey - are you not fucking STARVING come 7pm?

Nah, not at all. I have my main meal at lunchtime, plus as much beer as I can drink (well, it has to be sustainable ffs) and I'm hungry by about breakfast time again.

Works fine until I get really depressed and eat a WHOLE FUCKING BLOCK OF CHEESE sitting in the house on my own, like last night. :rolleyes: :(

dolly's gal said:
lol at soj being horrified any time she gets wind of people not eating properly!!! :D :D
Not horrified, so much as worried about you in YOUR case, cos it's clear you have crap body image, and finding it unimaginable not to eat anything after lunch in stig's case.

So nerr :p

Stig said:
Nah, not at all. I have my main meal at lunchtime, plus as much beer as I can drink (well, it has to be sustainable ffs) and I'm hungry by about breakfast time again.

Works fine until I get really depressed and eat a WHOLE FUCKING BLOCK OF CHEESE sitting in the house on my own, like last night. :rolleyes: :(
Have you always done that stig?

And - do you not get hungry after beer?

sojourner said:
Have you always done that stig?

And - do you not get hungry after beer?

I do it when I need to loose weight, it works really well. No food after 3pm was the rule last time, a year and a half ago, and I lost 2.5 stone in 2 months.

Just put another one on though, through giving up smoking, and feel like a wobbly fat hippo, so lunchtime it is.

edit: and no, I don't get hungry after beer, beer is carbs, after all,

unless someone orders a great big pizza and eats it on the table right next to me :mad:

But even in that case I don't want it because I am hungry, I want it simply because it is there. I'm never hungry in the evenings, I'm an early bed/early rise type.

sojourner said:
Not horrified, so much as worried about you in YOUR case, cos it's clear you have crap body image, and finding it unimaginable not to eat anything after lunch in stig's case.

So nerr :p

Both, for me, as it goes :(

Stig said:
I do it when I need to loose weight, it works really well. No food after 3pm was the rule last time, a year and a half ago, and I lost 2.5 stone in 2 months.

Just put another one on though, through giving up smoking, and feel like a wobbly fat hippo, so lunchtime it is.

edit: and no, I don't get hungry after beer, beer is carbs, after all,

unless someone orders a great big pizza and eats it on the table right next to me :mad:

But even in that case I don't want it because I am hungry, I want it simply because it is there. I'm never hungry in the evenings, I'm an early bed/early rise type.
I always get hungry after beer - starving in fact.

Do you exercise to raise your metabolism? I'd rather do that than deny meself food. Plus, like OU, I get really sick and dizzy if I don't eat regularly

sojourner said:
I always get hungry after beer - starving in fact.

Do you exercise to raise your metabolism? I'd rather do that than deny meself food. Plus, like OU, I get really sick and dizzy if I don't eat regularly

I drink ale, it's thick and full of goodness. :cool:

I cycle half hour then speedwalk 20mins to and from work twice a day, that's new though.

I used to get sick and dizzy and have to eat chocolate, but that was because I used to chainsmoke instead of eating, now I don't smoke, and don't get dizzy

I have to do something, I'm learning to hate my body gradually more and more. It's got to the point where I cry every day on the way to work now.

how's that for a derail :D Shall I start my own me me me thread? (no.)

Stig said:
I drink ale, it's thick and full of goodness. :cool:

I cycle half hour then speedwalk 20mins to and from work twice a day, that's new though.

I used to get sick and dizzy and have to eat chocolate, but that was because I used to chainsmoke instead of eating, now I don't smoke, and don't get dizzy

I have to do something, I'm learning to hate my body gradually more and more. It's got to the point where I cry every day on the way to work now.

how's that for a derail :D Shall I start my own me me me thread? (no.)
Fucking hell stig - :(

How long have you been exercising? And, you've only just knocked the cigs on the head haven't you? It's normal to put weight on afterwards - and there's plenty of time to lose that weight after you've got the addiction under control. No wonder you're crying - that's a lot to take on all at once. You may have set your standards far too high to be comfortably reachable

sojourner said:
Fucking hell stig - :(

How long have you been exercising? And, you've only just knocked the cigs on the head haven't you? It's normal to put weight on afterwards - and there's plenty of time to lose that weight after you've got the addiction under control. No wonder you're crying - that's a lot to take on all at once. You may have set your standards far too high to be comfortably reachable

ummm Cigs, 6 weeks. exercise, 2 weeks. Food, since the beginning of this week. PMT, yesterday. Who wants to be my friend? :D

Annnyway, my lunch turned out to be a chilli, so I covered it in parmesan, and it wasn't bad at all.

Stig said:
ummm Cigs, 6 weeks. exercise, 2 weeks. Food, since the beginning of this week. PMT, yesterday. Who wants to be my friend? :D

Annnyway, my lunch turned out to be a chilli, so I covered it in parmesan, and it wasn't bad at all.
Are you going cold turkey on the fags? Horrible, you have my sympathies. I was all over the place emotionally when I did that - the gum or patches are definitely worth the money for the huge edge they take off withdrawing.

Exercise - only 2 weeks? Give it time to kick in lass - takes a while for it to start having an effect. Worst thing is it makes you twice as hungry as usual - so its harder to not eat more.

I'll be your friend - if you'll be my friend while I suffer and rant and feel miserable throughout the course of this FUCKING cold I currently have :) ;)

Chili with parmesan - lovely that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom