Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Last night was nada, MrShakes was meant to make pasta with tomato sauce I’d taken out of the freezer mixed with some red pepper sauce but he went off on a drunken tangent and made some grim bean thing for himself and just chucked th e pepper sauce in a pan for me and it was urrrgghhh. Leaving the bombsite of a kitchen for me to clean as he staggered off to bed.

Going for Nepalese tonight.

I'm vaguely contemplating a chicken curry, but since I haven't got started yet, that might be a bit ambitious.
If I don't cook that, I'll have some mushroom and cream pasta instead.

I'm vaguely contemplating a chicken curry, but since I haven't got started yet, that might be a bit ambitious.
If I don't cook that, I'll have some mushroom and cream pasta instead.

Found the time and energy for a chicken curry with some plain basmati. It was delicious, I don't cook curry often enough because it can be a bit of faff sometimes and I have to be in the right mood for it.
Used the same base sauce and separated half of it out before adding meat to mine so I can do a fish version for OH tomorrow adding some basa and spinach, also cooked extra rice so I can do mushroom fried rice to go with that and my leftover chicken curry tomorrow.

I think I'm going to roast some potato, red onion, summer squash and tofu. If I have the energy, I'll make some kind of a dip/sauce to go with it.

Last night was nada, MrShakes was meant to make pasta with tomato sauce I’d taken out of the freezer mixed with some red pepper sauce but he went off on a drunken tangent and made some grim bean thing for himself and just chucked th e pepper sauce in a pan for me and it was urrrgghhh. Leaving the bombsite of a kitchen for me to clean as he staggered off to bed.

Going for Nepalese tonight.

Beastly! But Nepalese food really is a cure for all hurts.

Rare opportunity in East Yorks for proper Caribbean served curried goat! :cool:

curriedgoat.jpg
Looks lovely but.. no peas in the rice :(

I had:

Venison steak with blueberry sauce (leeks, garlic, thyme, olive oil, blueberries, juniper berries)
Wilted spinach
Asparagus (oven roasted)
Chicken-of-the-woods

A glass of good red wine

An Eccles cake (warmed up) with Stilton
Rooibosch tea

Some rum

And I’ve had it two nights running because I live alone and and you get two venison steaks in a pack.

Plenty of CotW left over too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom