Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Am just doing the cauli cheese and roast parsnips that I couldn't be arsed to do last night.

Instead I put the chicken thighs in the slow cooker with the last of the balinese spice mix (am trying to empty the freezer for defrosting!) and some coconut milk and had one of those with green beans.

Will have another tonight with more green beans and save the leftover spice mix/coconut mixture to do some squid and king prawns in tomorrow with some rice :cool:

Curries tonight... tarka dahl, keema matar and bought chapatis because my hands are all cracked and sore, and I'm lazy :D

Chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, roasted peppers, carrots, cherry toms and Charlotte potatoes. It smells lovely. I can't decide whether to open a bottle of wine or go straight to spirits. Hmmm

...and save the leftover spice mix/coconut mixture to do some squid and king prawns in tomorrow with some rice :cool:

Have shelled out an extra two quid to get a Tesco delivery today and as a treat, ordered myself a dressed crab, so I'm going to have that in the leftover sauce, with rice and green beans. I also bought one of their £10 meal deals so might have a tarte aux citron for pudding too. :cool:

Will also be putting a pork shoulder in the slow cooker with a tin of coke and some other bits and pieces (thyme, bay, mustard powder, soy sauce, ketchup, onions, garlic and ginger) to make pulled pork for the kids/my lunches for the week plus I have some beef mince coming which I'm going to make into bolognese for later in the week and the base for a cottage pie for tomorrow.

Although there's a good chance that I won't be fucked to do any of that, too.

Going to mil's for dinner so it will likely be roast chicken as that's what we always have. There is slim chance it will be lamb shank but I doubt it.

Right I've prep'd all the stuff for the pulled pork and have done onions and garlic for the mince dishes, so will defo crack on with those when the shopping comes. :cool:

Have remembered I was going to make some brownies too (more lunch box stuff)... :hmm:

What the fuck kind of abomination is pulled pork? :eek:

a fucking delicious abomination by the sound of it.

i have abdicated tea making duties yet again. maybe if there was someone in the house apart from me who could cook pulled pork i could be enticed to eat something for a change.

Last night I made a killer veggie chilli, gonna convert it to a meaty dish tonight with the aid of some sausages. I's rocks on the chillis!

What the fuck kind of abomination is pulled pork? :eek:

This!

pulled-pork-2-700x525.jpg

Slow cooked pork (which you PULL APART with a couple of forks, moose! :-p ) and then mix up with the reduced cooking liquor....DELICIOUS in a roll with mustard, mayo, cucumber and cress *slurp* :cool:

Pork is in, bolognese and cottage pie filling have been cooking for an hour and a half or so and chocolate brownies are done (a third with some chopped G&G Maya Gold in - for me, mostly :D - and the rest with mini marshmallows, for the kids). And now I am having wine. YES I AM. :cool:

Only trouble is i don't know where im going but if we get there we might get snowed into her house and she will have to feed us FOREVER! yay!

Back
Top Bottom