Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Just brought to my attention that it's Chorizo chili con carne :) which is a first.

I was making suggestions/talking from the cheap seats and my missus just said "Who's cooking...." kissed her teeth and told me to go skin up.

:cool:

It's ace, and walking distance from here so I can enjoy their lovely beer (well I can normally, but I have a 4.30 am start tomorrow :( )

no, what have i missed? gravy. i'll need some gravy. that shoulder won't produce much juice.

yorkshire-puddings-sm.jpg

Roast Chicken and all that malarky.

Snap :cool:

Finally getting the hang of properly carving the stuff. Used to just hack bits of until there was enough for everybody, but now I've got a good knife, I'm getting pretty good at separating every piece of meat from the bone and putting the rest in fridge for fried rice the next day.

Chicken , veg , Yorkshires , home made sausage meat and breadcrumb stuffing balls , roasters and Rioja ....

(just about to fall over and sleep)

Cauldron veggie sausages
Frozen peas with generic instant mash stirred in.
tahini
Grey Poupon mustard
Cotes du Rhone

Baklava and vanilla soya dessert for afters... and perhaps a pistachio Turkish delight or two ...

I've got into making pies lately, and made a triumphant first-time-ever Butter Pie over the weekend. Recipe available to all good Lancastrians ;) It was so incredibly lush that I am still obsessing over it. Made the pastry nice and thin and crisp, and had it with carrots, mange tout, baby corn, fuckton of mushy peas, and roast veg gravy. Fucking NOM.

Tonight we shall be dining on Guinness and mushroom casserole, with roasted Charlotte potatoes (with garlic and rosemary), julienne carrots, garden peas, and cauli

Made a jam tart yesterday n all, and tonight I will be hopefully making FLAPJACKS. Nom x 2000000000

last night I made a winter vegetable pie, which was okay, but served it with sweet potato mash with garlic and ginger which was proper lush.

tonight I fancy omlette with potato wedges, but it's the boys choice so probably will be Ottolenghi's black pepper tofu, with garlic brocolli on the side. nom.

I'm having a Cranks homity pie (never had it before and it was going cheap cheap in Waitrose) with roast veg & potatoes and gravy. & sleep.

Back
Top Bottom