Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

i had 1/2 a bag of prawn crackers and 3 mouthfuls of special fried rice before i felt too full :mad: soi have some kung po chicken to have later if i fancy any of it.

aqua, you can have some of my wine if you like? we have just opened bottle 3 :oops:

I ended up cooking last night after all....sweet potato with goats cheese, broccoli and two chicken wings out of a batch that I've put in the fridge in the remains of last weeks peri peri marinade for Monday.

Am making a tiny bit of stock from them - and the tips of the rest of the wings, which I roasted at the same time - so think tonight is going to be a veg noodle soup made from that, with a thinly sliced soy/garlic/ginger griddled steak on top. Got no coriander though :( ......but might try it with a bit of basil :hmm:

The remains of last night's epic curry fest. In addition to the Goan pork there was a really nice chickpea veggie thing, tandoori chicken breast, another spicier veg curry, all the chutnies, poppadoms and then birthday cake after. It was ace.

It's dead simple. It's a variation on this one.

I use white wine vinegar (palm vinegar ideally but I've never found anywhere round here that sells it) instead of malt and sometimes bung in a bit of yoghurt to give it a bit more texture. I like it vinegarry but tend to overdo this a bit so the yoghurt neutralizes this if it's getting a bit eye-watering. It probably comes as no surprise to hear that I bung a lot more chilli in it than that recipe. I add some onions along with pork (as well as the ones in the paste) to give it a bit of a lift here, too. I usually start making it at lunch time and let it bubble away all afternoon for the best taste.

Oh yeah, ghee would probably be better than sunflower oil too but I don't have any in the house or I'll never live to the other side of 50.

Were gonna just have Chili con carne with warm baguettes but now we're having it with Dauphinoise potatoes aswell, my missus has never made it before and wants to today, might have something to do with the Merlot warming it's way through the body.

I'm not one to complain.

Back
Top Bottom