Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm gonna make veggie shepherds pie tonight: Gonna fry up some onions, carrots, garlic and maybe pepper. Add some Beanfeast or soya mince, tin of tomoatoes and simmer. Mash on top. MMmmmm! Will have some broccoli on the side.

Baked potatoes aren't quick, they usually take an hour or so. Do you mean something which doesn't take much prep time?

well, yeah - something which doesn't take *me* much time... but I'd probably do it in the microwave (shame:oops:)

Well, I've not taken anything out the freezer, have hardly any veg, so looking like a store cupboard tea.

Or omelettes, or spag bol (I can defrost the bol when I get home). I am open to suggestions though.

^^^

Boiled egg and soldiers, Biddly! B-)

Son and me are having baked sweet potatoes with goats cheese, some king prawns fried with garlic, yellow pepper and mushrooms and some broccoli.
This is because he was coveting it when I had it for my dinner the other week, even though up till then he didn't like sweet potatoes.
To be fair he says that now he only likes them with goats cheese :rolleyes: :D

My daughter's going to a friends after school but I don't know if she's being fed there or not.... :hmm: am assuming she will be.... :hmm: and hoping so too, cos she doesn't like sweet potatoes, goats cheese OR prawns. :facepalm:

Well, I've not taken anything out the freezer, have hardly any veg, so looking like a store cupboard tea.

Or omelettes, or spag bol (I can defrost the bol when I get home). I am open to suggestions though.

I could lend you the coddlers?

not a bad idea sheo, although the boy doesn't like his eggs like that.

maybe badgers, although not much to coddle with them :hmm:

I'm having a big fat veggie roast. Roast spuds, cauliflower cheese, roast carrots, yorkshires, some sort of greens. Yum. And will cook way to much so there's enough for breakfast/lunch tomoz. Double yum.

Am drooling just thinking about it

With a good dollop of wholegrain mustard and cooked till the top goes a bit crusty...*drools more*
I really really want this, but the amount of effort is putting me off :oops:

I've got a weekend of cooking ahead so thinking something with minimal effort.

Since I have to stand at the stove and make the cheese sauce. Honestly mate I've had a shit week and hardly have any energy, let alone appetite, fuck knows why I'm planning any food for tonight.

Am I missing something Biddly? Have you moved into the deepest outreaches of Timbuktu and beyond? Surely if you haven't got any food in the house a simple stop off on the way home will sort that out. I'd be, and am, tempted by the convenience of a takeaway tonight - I sense a brown stew fish or oxtail from Real Taste coming my way tonight.

Apologies if you are having an Orang style penny conservation session...

I had a very nice pea and broccoli curry made by my middle boy at school. It was only marred by his decision to add about half a bottle of whole cloves :D

goats cheese quiche I was meant to have last night with Chantenay carrots, they are fucking lush, will be buying again. :cool:

And just wrestled with a fresh pineapple for pud.

Back
Top Bottom