Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

We had a strange tea tonight. Minestrone soup (which I didn't like cos it looks like vomit), crusty bread, brie and a bowl of chips.

I'm intending on making a smoked haddock mornay. Whether any of us will manage to eat any is another matter.

A smoked haddock mornay sounds lovely, madzone. How come you might not manage to eat it?

We had a total tea fail and ended up buying a miserable jar of pasta sauce. :(

Oh we're all ill. It's one of those weird ones where you get hungry till it's in front of you but then you can't eat it. I reckon I'll be ok - I just managed beans on toast :cool:

Loads of different types of curry all cooked by different people. :) It's my brother's birthday so we're all doing a different dish. Mine's Goan Chilli Pork - just started cooking it now.

Thanks Yu_Gi_Oh :) I'm on the mend. The rest of them are a couple of days behind me but I've got the M.E to deal with as well. I think people conveniently forget that.

chinese takeaway and beer. kids are at their dads, so i am round my sisters and plan to get quite drunk , hopefully drunk enough to fall alseep and stay asleep for at least 4 hours! not had a proper nights sleep for weeks now, and its getting a bit ridiculous

I find the trouble with getting pissed is that you get off ok, but then wake up at 4 or whatever and can't get back to sleep again. :mad: Well that's what happens with me anyway! :rolleyes:

Having said that, I'm fed up and stressed and knackered, so I'm having some wine. :D

No kids, so dinner will either be carrot and lentil soup or toasted pitta and hummus. No effort involved either way.

I hope you have a nice evening, feyr. :cool:

Lamb steaks.

Although they've gone a funny colour after a day or two in the fridge.
When we got them from the butcher they were lovely and red.
Is that normal?

Lamb steaks.

Although they've gone a funny colour after a day or two in the fridge.
When we got them from the butcher they were lovely and red.
Is that normal?

Yes...meat from the butcher does this much faster then supermarket mean, but cook them and I'm sure they will be lush!

Nut cutlets
baked potatoes
frozen peas
tahini
cranberry sauce
Cotes du Rhone

Mrs. Peek's xmas pudding
Vanilla soya custard.

Piri piri chicken breasts from tesco, roasted peppers, cherry toms, red onion and new potatoes.

I will shortly have some wine to try and numb my pain in the arse (fell down the stairs).

this pleases me :) I like to think of wine being enjoyed - can I have a glass please? don't want to open a bottle for a small glass!

Back
Top Bottom