Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Stuffed, bacon-wrapped chicken legs, honey glazed roast potatoes with a carrot and swede peppery mash

Ended up having scallops and king prawns stir fried with yellow peppers, mushrooms, courgette and spring onion with a bit of oyster sauce, rice and broccoli....so tonight is pork bun cha, with rice and broccoli.

might give elephant stew a go:
Ingredients

1 Elephant
10 Warthog
100 kilogram tomatoes
half ton potatoes
2 bags onions
100 kilogram salt
1 wheelbarrow onions (heaped)
10 liter vinegar
20 liter chutney
4 Guineafowl

Method

Hunt the elephant, warthog and guineafowl. Hang guineafowl to ripen. Cut elephant into edible chunks, (will take about a month). Boil the warthog with other ingredients (except guineafowl) till nice and juicy. Now boil elephant chunks over high flames till tender. (will take about 4 weeks) and add everything together. Boil for another 5 to 7 days.

Produces about 3,500 helpings.

Note: If the above isn't enough, add the guineafowl as well.

We are planning to have chicken pot roasted with white wine and redcurrant but we only took the chicken out this morning.

Will it defrost or should I just put it back in and have it next week?

I didn't have this tonight, but I reckon it's worth a mention - This fuckin tripe & spinach stew one day last week. Fuckin gorgeous, proper nice. They had this African themed dinner at this curch I go to (not that I believe in god or owt, I just go to help out really - C of E as well, an I'm a catholic - They don't say the Lord's prayer right though, these clowns, it's forgive us our trespasses, not sins).

But anyway, yeah, this tripe & spinach stew with mashed maize, a fat scran, fuckin mint it was, not that many people ate it, probably coz they didn't fancy eatin tripe, but I had three fuckin plates, me.

We (daughter and I - and son too if he likes :hmm: ) are going to make piri piri chicken (thighs) with homemade garlic wedges and salad and some pastel de nata for pudding. :cool:

I've just googled pastel de nata and they sound lovely. Do you buy them or make them yourself sheo?

Today is Monday so tea will be a jacket spud with something or other when I get in later this evening.
My Monday tea is always pretty boring, but I have cooked some exciting stuff over the weekend.
Friday night was sea bass with puy lentils and baby leeks, Saturday night was a slow cooked lamb rogan josh, and last night was roast chicken.

We're going to make them! Recipe is from one of the Jamie's 30 minute dinners progammes (along with the chicken), so should in theory be pretty quick and easy! :hmm: :D Will let you know how we get on... :hmm:

Today is apparently new diet day however I have a pizza fror dinner ( pizza express going cheap cheap) so still going to eat my half my salad...though it is one of the big ones!

Back
Top Bottom