Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Had this yesterday, and it was scrumptious! One needs to be very careful about the salt tho, as the bacon and stock combo can be a bit much for some palates. Me I like my salty earthy food, but others mightn't.

I haven't cooked for over 3 weeks. Literally not heated or cooked a single thing. Santino or my in-laws have done everything. I have been very grateful. I do look forward to the day I've got time to cook again though.

Tonight is shepherd's pie made by my MIL.

Lasagne and garlic bread I think.

The ragu is lush, but I think I've fucked up the cheese sauce... we shall see.

Haddock baked with parsley, potato wedges and corn on the cob. Maybe green beans too as they need eating up.

spag bol :)
the ex has just rung to see if i wanted him to have the kids tonight so that i could go celebrate my birthday, to which i pointed out my birthday was wednesday which is when he had sodding agreed to come round in the first place ARRRRRGH

so pudding will be lots of wine :) :oops:

Decided to keep making things Ive never made before so tonight was a spicy sausage patty on a potatoe galette with carrot and swede peppery mash :)

spag bol :)
the ex has just rung to see if i wanted him to have the kids tonight so that i could go celebrate my birthday, to which i pointed out my birthday was wednesday which is when he had sodding agreed to come round in the first place ARRRRRGH

so pudding will be lots of wine :) :oops:

Kill him.

Insufficiently lemony chicken piccata and some mixed vegetables from my grocer's freezer. I give it 5/10

I've taken a bit of pork tenderloin and some scallops out of the freezer, so one of those :hmm: not sure beyond that although I'll defo be having a massive pile of broccoli with it.

Veggie curry with a load of veg that's past its sell by date because i've got nothing in. I went shopping this week but only bought wine. I do this from time to time.

Kill him.

i wouldnt waste that amount of energy on him tbh :)

tonight is chicken,chorizo and chickpea stwe followed by apple crumble for pud

followed by a few jack daniels and cokes, and an obscene amount of chocolate once the kids have gone to bed. had a sod it moment while out buying boring cleaning stuff and food this afternoon and treated my self to a bottle of jd and a massive box of 60 chocs from thorntons as a belated birthday present to myself :)

Cooking a big lasagne, did the meat sauce with steak mince, smoked bacon, a bulb of roasted garlic, 2 onions, passata, tomatoes, fresh & dried herbs, mushrooms, splash of red wine, and a pinch of cinammon at Jamie Olivers recommendation - tastes slightly sweeter than usual but really good!

the veggie portion is done with much the same minus the meat and instead red and yellow peppers, mushrooms and sliced courgette.

the white sauce will be done with creme fraiche mixed with parmesan and a pinch of nutmeg. The lot will be topped with mixed cheddar, mozzerella and parmesan.

Back
Top Bottom