Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Junk food tea tonight; chopped up bacon, red peppers, olives and mushrooms in a tomato sauce with a bit of pesto swirled in at the end. With pasta, and grated cheddar. For some reason though, the usual long, thin peppers I buy appear to be enormous chillies and now my lips are burning!

how is this junk food :confused:

Hellsbells, if it takes me 10 mins to make and it's main selling points are cheese and salt then it's home made junk food imo. :)

I've had steak with veggies, very nice indeed even though I'm not really a meat lover but I'm in bad company :)..........I am stuffed!

Tesco stirfry,
Yesterday's left over nut cutlets
Microwave rice

Washed down with a very nice Cotes du Rhone - with a hint of papal connections ....

the ex didnt show so i am having beer and toast. while sending arsy txt msgs to my ex, and the rest of my family

4e69efeb-1f61-822e.jpg

(((shame)))

Belgian frites with mayonnaise from Banger bros yesterday in London Bridge station (fast forward three hours) really good Japanese canapes from Matsuri St James and wine

Tonight, a cumberland and friend onion hot dog from Banger Bros again reading the evening standard in the cold, crab noodles when i got home.

The oxtail stew had a slightly unappetising looking layer of fat on the top and I'm too shit/too lazy to skim, so I decided to stick it in the fridge over night and then remove the fat before reheating tonight (which is a much safer bet anyway, cos the small girl - who was here last night but won't be tonight - doesn't like mash but had agreed just to try it again, whereas the boy and me LOVE IT :cool: :D )....so that! Good choice too cos the weather has got REALLY FOUL again overnight. :(

So last night I did them an emergency dinner of fishfingers, garlic bread and PSB and had oatcakes with pate myself.

The oxtail stew had a slightly unappetising looking layer of fat on the top and I'm too shit/too lazy to skim, so I decided to stick it in the fridge over night and then remove the fat before reheating tonight (which is a much safer bet anyway, cos the small girl - who was here last night but won't be tonight - doesn't like mash but had agreed just to try it again, whereas the boy and me LOVE IT :cool: :D )....so that! Good choice too cos the weather has got REALLY FOUL again overnight. :(

So last night I did them an emergency dinner of fishfingers, garlic bread and PSB and had oatcakes with pate myself.

Why doesn't she like mash? She's not a real child.

The battle goes on. Mrs R and the littlun had cheese then beans this time, I had cheese, beans around the edge, then leftover daal, sag aloo and mushroom bhaji poured over the top with extra chilli sauce. But now the littlun is bored of having it in a bowl and wants a plate. Mrs R insists on a large bowl, I want a plate. Must we struggle through this forever? Will we never know peace?

The battle goes on. Mrs R and the littlun had cheese then beans this time, I had cheese, beans around the edge, then leftover daal, sag aloo and mushroom bhaji poured over the top with extra chilli sauce. But now the littlun is bored of having it in a bowl and wants a plate. Mrs R insists on a large bowl, I want a plate. Must we struggle through this forever? Will we never know peace?

:D

Marmite in chilli you say?

http://www.waitrose.com/recipe/Heston's_Rich_chilli_con_carne_with_spiced_butter.aspx

''Adding the spiced butter to the chilli just before you serve it will make it rich and unctuous. If you like it a bit hotter, add a little more butter at the table when you add the grated cheese and sour cream. The lime juice and zest will finish it off with acidity and freshness.'' Heston

Serves: 4

Ingredients

For the spiced butter:
2 tbsp olive oil
1½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
1½ tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp tomato ketchup
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp Marmite
125g butter, softened to room temperature

For the chilli:
6 tbsp olive oil
450g Aberdeen Angus minced beef (10% fat)
1 large onion, diced
2 whole star anise
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 green chilli, deseeded and diced
2 tbsp tomato purée
Half a bottle red wine (37.5cl)
400g can chopped tomatoes
500ml beef stock
400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
230g jar Fragata Pimiento Piquillo peppers, drained and roughly chopped

To serve:
100g soured cream
60g Cheddar cheese, grated
Grated zest and juice of 3 limes

paella last night turned into chicken chorizo and rice, I'd frozen the crayfish and it had already been frozen once - so went straight in the bin.

tonight, something with mushrooms and leeks, maybe with cream and parmesan? :hmm:

paella last night turned into chicken chorizo and rice, I'd frozen the crayfish and it had already been frozen once - so went straight in the bin.

tonight, something with mushrooms and leeks, maybe with cream and parmesan? :hmm:

Chuck a bit of bacon in there and some tagliatelle. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom