Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

BoatieBoy doesn't like it either :(
I think school dinners mash is to blame.

Mine just doesn't like the texture....it makes her retch, lol......same as with soup, baked and boiled potatoes (roast and chips are fine.....funnily enough *cough*) and porridge etc :rolleyes: but she is at least willing to keep trying things she doesn't like from time to time just to check that she still doesn't like them :D (omelettes being an example of a successful retrial :cool: ).

But I'd been telling her recently about how one of my favourite things when I was little was mash with grated cheddar on top grilled till it's crispy and brown and bubbling (she doesn't like 'uncooked' cheese either :facepalm: ) and how it's a perfect dish on a miserable day and she'd said that she'd like to try some again, so that's what yesterday was supposed to be, but apart from the fact that I had her parent/teacher consultation thing and a Tesco delivery arriving, so time was genuinely a bit pushed, I just really couldn't be arsed to have to do her something else if/when she decided she still didn't like it (and I think that'll probably be the case, tbh) so putting the oxtail in the fridge till tonight to degrease it seemed like quite a good Plan B.

Will do the mash test with her on a weekend or an easier school night instead I think!

God, I wish she'd just decide she likes it though! :-(

Mine just doesn't like the texture....it makes her retch, lol......same as with soup, baked and boiled potatoes (roast and chips are fine.....funnily enough *cough*) and porridge etc :rolleyes: but she is at least willing to keep trying things she doesn't like from time to time just to check that she still doesn't like them :D (omelettes being an example of a successful retrial :cool: ).

(

Yeah, strange that :rolleyes:

tbf the only things he really doesn't like are mushrooms and mash. I can live with that, but I do miss mash sometimes.

bacon you say? I need to get some anyway, and will make the boy happy that there is some meat in there :D

Indeed. Bacon, mushrooms, leeks and cream served with tagliatelle and lashings of black pepper and parmesan is one of my fave "quick meals".

Yeah, strange that :rolleyes:

tbf the only things he really doesn't like are mushrooms and mash. I can live with that, but I do miss mash sometimes.

She doesn't like mushrooms either! :facepalm: :D

And she's been refusing to eat fish/shellfish* for some time now, too.

(And one of her favourite dinners when she was little was tagliatelli with pesto, mushrooms, prawns and spinach mixed in, so she's clearly going backwards as well as forwards... :hmm: )

*'small creatures from the sea :( '

At least she sounds better than the fussy eating friend of your son...silver linings to be found everywhere!

Also sounds like she is on her way to be camping out with the vegetarians...:)

Oh god yes - better than all of my son's fussy friends put together! :D

Yeah my bezzer is a vegan, so is positively willing her forwards! :mad: :D Although, tbf, she's quite fond of meat (except duck, obv ;) )! :p

Indeed. Bacon, mushrooms, leeks and cream served with tagliatelle and lashings of black pepper and parmesan is one of my fave "quick meals".

me too. Tonight it was a Polish sausage hot dog with fried onions at Banger Bros, with Belgian frites and a can of coke. It was delicious.

Depends, I was fucking starving and so having gone shopping in that state earlier I now have a huge number of potential ideas. However I returned distinctly not hungry and opened the Russian Standard so its rather more hit and miss as to what I shall create.

I went to visit a friend who has 5 yr boy/girl twins so dinner was entertaining. It was veggie chilli, rice & garlic bread. Girl didn't like kidney beans so picked them out into a bowl & then there was drama when small pieces of potato were discovered. All in all exhausting but fun also. I took some dorset apple cake I had baked earlier which I fear had distracted them from eating their dinner.

I had teeny weeny meatballs in tomato sauce, with pasta. I made the sauce far too spicy. Just as I was adding the chilliflakes, the wind chose that precise moment to whack a bloody football at my window. It's blowing a gale here so the hefty great wallop on the kitchen window made me nearly jump out of my skin.
Moral of the story is to use a teaspoon when it's blowing a gale, rather than just shaking the spice out of the jar. Or live in a place where the wind doesn't think it's auditioning for The Wizard of Bloody Oz.

Am going to my daughters friends house after school so a quick dinner when we get home of Southern style chicken fillets (Sainsburys :D ) in a toasted sandwich with mayo and lettuce. Toffee cookies and plums for pudding.

Back
Top Bottom