Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

sausage and shallot hotpot tonight... not sure if I've had shallots before or not.
Well I have had shallots before, and they are nice, and the meal wash lush... even more so because my fella cooked it while I did my homework :)

Tonight, quick steak fajitas before going out. Can't have sour cream or cheese though, so might do some refritos to go with... pinto or black beans? Hmmmmm.

Well I have had shallots before, and they are nice, and the meal wash lush... even more so because my fella cooked it while I did my homework :)

Tonight, quick steak fajitas before going out. Can't have sour cream or cheese though, so might do some refritos to go with... pinto or black beans? Hmmmmm.

Otherwise a bit of hummus, Biddly?

Not sure - am meeting BK for lunch so depends how hungry I am later. There are leftover meatballs, belly pork and I made fresh bread yesterday, so some combination of those things, probably.

Guacamole?

Faggots tonight. With mash and veg, oh yes.

Went to Wahaca for lunch too, so I'm perhaps not as hungry as I could be. A bit hit and miss there today as well - the pibil was dry and pretty tasteless, but we had so many mixed plates it wasn't a great hardship. Even enjoyed the quesilladas made with a little bit of that unpleasant looking black rotting corn fungus.

Even enjoyed the quesilladas made with a little bit of that unpleasant looking black rotting corn fungus.

Ooh, I love that (huitlacoche??). Didn't know they had anything that special at Wahaca.

Tonight it's something with morcilla and chickpeas - something uninspired cos I still have the lurgies.

Ooh, I love that (huitlacoche??). Didn't know they had anything that special at Wahaca.

Tonight it's something with morcilla and chickpeas - something uninspired cos I still have the lurgies.

Isn't that infected corn?

Hold on and I will post the 'Stevedonteatthat' link :D

Ach it's a decent place. They oiled us with free tequila and it was all nice enough. The food lacks a little zing and plays it a bit safe - the salsas aren't great for example, and there isn't even the choice of accompaniment you'd get at a 2-bit taco stand in Mexico - but it's largely well executed and it's hard not to like a crispy quesadilla with cheese and beans or a small taco garnished with pink pickled onions. They should lay off the sour cream a bit though. For the price you can't moan that badly really.

The huitlacoche was in quesadilla and more than a little watered down to be fair. It was more a gentle plop of it mixed in with mushrooms. I did like the way they advertised it as corn mushroom though. That's a hell of a euphenism for the infected black fungus horror of the stuff.

:D

I can't quote for some reason, but @tarannau - I wasn't being snotty about Wahaca, just never been and I thought they didn't even bill themselves as that exciting :) And huitlacoche is just mushroom really. Mushrooms are pretty foul, we're just used to the idea of them. ((((huitlacoche))))

Biddly - I buy it from Garcia's in Portobello Rd. It's a really great Spanish supermarket with a good selection of chorizos and tons of cheese and loads of nice stuff. Every so often I schlep it with the baby in the sling, usually going beserk - it's definitely worth it. Here's the link to their site if you're interested: http://www.garciacafe.co.uk/

Right, the morcilla and chickpeas are going in a soup with spinach. Smelling pretty good through the snot.

baked spuds topped with tuna and cheese
for dessert I have home made ice cream, I've been experimenting with the ice cream maker again, currently churning away in the freezer is an odd concoction of carrot juice, apple juice, cream, sugar, and crushed up bourbon biscuits...

Back
Top Bottom