Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Some kind of fish - I think it is sole - with potatoes, green beans and pies. Back onto the healthy eating/diet after the excess of the weekend!

Sausages, beef and chorizo, with a simple seasoned pasta.

dunno about that mix Numbers.....and hope you have cheese on top.

Tonight, it was another epic win of Cincinatti beef chilli. Perfect for the cold. Last nights dinner was a spectacular feast at the rather ornate Shaka Zulu in Camden. The interior of the place is gorgeous, and there are really cosy couches with a nice back rest surrounding round tables http://www.shaka-zulu.com/chefs-table.php

Three of us shared a green lentil and banana salad, grilled borewores sausage (beef and lamb sausage served with mint and peanut sauce), pork and lamb sosaties (like kebabs on a skewer with apricot sauce), Speyside Highland rib, and sirloin steak served with monkey gland sauce (which was delicious), peri peri fries, and msamba (sauteed spinach with roasted peanuts, tomato and onion). A bottle of South African red and for dessert, a thing like a milkshake, lemon tart, and malva pudding with apricot ice cream. It was pretty tremendous.:):cool:

Not sure tonight.

Have some tuna to use but that could easily be sarnie filler tomorrow.

Might do a couple of small jacket potatoes.

Balinese slow cooked pork, with rice and sprouting broccoli.

Got a shop coming so having a break from the cake :cool: - posh white choc cookies for the kids and a cream doughnut for me.

The bubble I made yesterday was lush. First time I've done it with roasties not mash, and threw in some parsnips too, served with some cheats onion gravy :)

Chilli tonight, with a bread roll I think.

Nice to see you've got your appetite back biddly :)
Salmon with stir fry veg tonight - nice and healthy.
But what I really fancy is chips, singapore fried rice and curry sauce.

Don't leave us ya fucker!!

What is the pizza? Homemade or takeout? What you having on it, better not be pineapple and ting :mad:
Just a cpl of Chicago Town Takeaway's from Iceland Badgers, peperoni for the mna and luxury cheese for the fir (I put extra on too).

Just easy peasy food.

Finally getting around to that full roast. Stayed in the pub too long on Sunday, so ended up roasting the chicken/making the gravy pissed then and stir frying some tenderloin (chillies, citrus, mint and cashews) to munch that night instead. And yesterday felt knackered and cooked amatriciana quickly instead.

So it's that roast bird, roasted squash, carrots and shallots, spuds, corn and broccoli as promised. The Tuesday roast - even lazier than the Monday version.

Had more Cincinatti beef chilli with chips, cheese, guacomole, sour cream, and doritos. The sauce was denser tonight thanks to the cinnamon stick. Now drinking mint tea and chomping on a few Celebrations.

I put a chicken in the slow cooker this morning. By teatime it was falling off the bone :cool:

Had it with mash and peas.

Going to do *something* with the leftover pork. I'm thinking of chopping it up and frying it with a splash of soy sauce to have in pitta bread with some mayo and salad....but I might change my mind. :hmm:

Ham, egg and chips tonight.

In other news, I finally got round to getting a slow cooker at the weekend :cool:
Did a bolognaise type sauce in it yesterday and it was lush. It happily bubbled away while we went to play at Wickstead Park.

I am in love with my slow cooker. Made meatballs in it yesterday and was able to go to Spanish class and leave the boy to help himself before he went to work, then have tea myself when I got home at 9ish. Today we are having braised Japanese pork belly. :cool:

Love your boy's castle, Sheo. Especially the drawbridge and the cannonballs! I hope his teacher was duly impressed.

Back
Top Bottom