Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Hopefully it'll be venison steaks, assuming I can find some. If not, just a M&S steak pie with some veg or other - dunno yet - and my amazing roasties. And WINE.

Going vegan Jamacian tonight cos my vegan mate is coming round for dinner. We are going to have rice and peas, roast yam, plantain and sweet potato, vegetable curry (jamacian style) and for pud Im about to make up a thing which will be custard made with soya milk and made thick so it will set. Added to the custard will be ground almonds and melted 90% dark choc. So I suppose that will be a vegan chocolate and almond blancmange.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Nom, kali, that sounds gorgeous :) There's a nice little vegan place in Fulham that's run by a Ghanaian man and his wife - they do West Indian vegan dishes, as well as West African. Seems to be a cuisine that works well vegan-style.

Tonight we're having radicchio risotto with caramel Wispa (king of chocolate bars) for pudding.

Tomorrow my Cuban neighour is going to teach me how to cook some of his favourites from home, which are fucking lush. I hope to be mainly sampling.

It was going to be stir-fried veg and noodles, but we liked the mini spring rolls from the coop so much we just ate a box of 'em, with chilli dipping sauce.

Pie and Pasta - eating late tonight, in fact am currently stayed up longer than the norm' which is very exciting I must say.

I need comfort food so I might venture outside for egg fried rice and curry sauce from the Chinese. I may also not in which case it will be pasta :(

That was last Sunday :D

Oh!:oops:

I am having Croissants as Mr D is gonna be late and has gone for pub food (Burger he said but knowing him its a proper dinner with wine and fun)
So... I am not going to cook the Rib Eye Steak, Shittake Mushrooms(in Garlic butter and steak juice), Petit Pois, Roast Beef Tomato, Fried Egg (on top of said steak) and fried sliced potatoes - No I am Not!

Doing a M&S tenner deal tonight after last night's massive 3 curry feast! So bolognaise bake, garlic mushrooms, garlic bread (an addition from Sainsbury's) and Blackberry and Apple Pie. Plus the left over's of Super Mario Birthday cake I got given :D

I will be leaving him in bed sleeping in an hour, so keeping my fingers crossed for when I come home :D

If you fancy venturing out I can heartily recommend the pies from the farmers market, looks like a pie and mash day out there today.

Pieman hasn't been down the Farmers Market the last few weeks I've been there, and the Giggly Pig was grumbling about possibly only going to Kennington market on Sats a couple of weeks ago. Not good.

Anyway, going down there in a little bit to get some veg to go with the roast chicken and spuds already in the house.

I will be leaving him in bed sleeping in an hour, so keeping my fingers crossed for when I come home :D

If you fancy venturing out I can heartily recommend the pies from the farmers market, looks like a pie and mash day out there today.

I kind of do fancy going out but don't think I will due to sloth and stuff.
Think Kitty has meal plans as things are defrosted.
All will become clear no doubt.

Oh, I've not been there for months now but only really went for pie man, borstall beef, and giggly bacon... so that's a shame. Kennington isn't far though, and if it does a much better trade on Sat, so be it. Wonder if pie man goes to Kennington?

Anyway, going down there in a little bit to get some veg to go with the roast chicken and spuds already in the house.

Pick me up my own weight in Giggly Pig sausages please.
I have cash or your own weight in alcohol here for payment :)

I might get some Old English bangers if they're down there. Those Giggly Piggers are a bit inconsistent and lack a bit of quality control at times sometimes - a pack of Scottish bangers contained one absurdly large sausage, virtually a cuboid and twice the size of the others last time I bought some. And chipolatas that looked like they'd been made by a man in mittens too. Not bad, but they're not top notch either - maybe we'll get a different sausagenteer if they go?

Still be sad to see them go if they take off mind. Despite the slight moan and reservations about some of the 'recipes,' they cook bloody well and I'm more than slightly fond of the Olde English variety.

A mate's just bringing back most of a deer for us today if you fancy some Venison...

I might get some Old English bangers if they're down there. Those Giggly Piggers are a bit inconsistent and lack a bit of quality control at times sometimes

I have had a couple of bigger sausages from them but I can find little, if anything to moan about with the Giggly Pigs. They have had a lot of trade from us and I think it is about the time we need to stock up on the pigs in blankets too :)

A mate's just bringing back most of a deer for us today if you fancy some Venison...

My word :cool:

I caught a bit of that farmers market sketch. I particularly loved the cameo from Morten Harkett.

:D

It's not quite like that down here to be fair - it's usually Eastern Europeans or Essex-cockernee types selling on behalf of a few decent farms - too few if I'm honest - cheese places and producers. We're not quite Battersea, don't you know.

Back
Top Bottom