Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Leftover spicy bean bvurgers with dauphinoise potatoes and salad.

Tonight will be Higgedy pies with roast tatties, parsnips and carrots, broccoli, Yorkshire pudding and gravy.

We're having our Halloween party/teddy bears picnic....croque monsieur, hot sausage rolls, cherry tomatoes, crisps (if the boy can be bothered to go to the shop - I had to break the news to him this morning that the packet of new rib flavour Doritos we bought yesterday for the purpose, accidentally fell into my mouth last night :cool: ), scary jelly and lots and lots of cake*

*My son has to make a castle for homework and has decided to make it out of cake :hmm: luckily he doesn't actually have to carry it in to school - pics will do - but it means we will have an enormous amount of cake to get through over the next few days as, along with the icing/chocolate fingers (drawbridge and gate) and decorative bits and bobs, I bought 3 madeira cakes and 2 swiss rolls for the base :facepalm: :( )....

No Pieman down there again, even if there was the Giggly Pig. Went a bit mad on the faggots to be honest.

So today's menu is roast chicken, spuds, roasted carrots with squash (halloween innit), courgette and shallots, corn and broccoli. May fit in some stuffing too.

I'm supposed to be making a mushroom and spinach lasagne, but we've eaten approximately 500 chocolate eyeballs and skulls this afternoon, so I'm not sure I can be arsed.

Some meatloaf that I made on Friday with steamed carrots, cauliflower,leaks and 'new' potatoes. I may make some cheese sauce...... a Grolsch while I ponder:)

and lots and lots of cake

*My son has to make a castle for homework and has decided to make it out of cake :hmm: luckily he doesn't actually have to carry it in to school - pics will do - but it means we will have an enormous amount of cake to get through over the next few days as, along with the icing/chocolate fingers (drawbridge and gate) and decorative bits and bobs, I bought 3 madeira cakes and 2 swiss rolls for the base :facepalm: :( )....

This is just wonderful :D

No shelling! :p It's a Norman castle (the flag says 'Normans waz ere' :rolleyes: ) so catapults and rocks were the order of the day (as evidenced by the big pile of rocks on the right hand turret). But yes, a battering by enemy catapults might have had some impact, but he said he was just going to tell his teacher that it was built by a group of unqualified, rogue Norman castle builders. :D

We're having roast pork shoulder today, with roast potatoes, yorkshires, carrots, courgette, green beans and gravy. :cool:

CAKE for pudding. :facepalm:

Ham, egg and chips tonight.

In other news, I finally got round to getting a slow cooker at the weekend :cool:
Did a bolognaise type sauce in it yesterday and it was lush. It happily bubbled away while we went to play at Wickstead Park.

Back
Top Bottom