Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Have you been to Silk Road? I really recommend it for Uighur food. They don't do a "standard" Chinese menu at all.

We went there on Friday night.
Had lamb/ hand-pulled noodles.
Cold marinaded beef rice and a lamb skewer thingy.

Initial thought was the food was samey-samey.
I defo will go again though and order a more variedly next time.

I'm torn about the order of Monster Munch and not that long ago I was going to do a thread but couldn't work out how to do a poll so it never happened....ATM I'm going for this order....Pickled Onion, Beef, Flaming Hot (I sometimes think beef is the best though). I have sais this before but will mention it again..I saved 3 tokens from promtional packs last year plus £5 for a Monster Munch T-shirt....:cool:
http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/th...-battle-of-the-big-flavours?highlight=monster ;)

The poll was wrong though... roast beef should've won!

LOL! I'm glad we all get consumed by the big questions...I have just voted and gone for the mighty Pickled Onion. I do recall having a proper fad on Flaming Hot when they first came out. I may need to get folks opinions on Wotsits...I loove their spicey ones which I hardly ever see on their own...I normally find them in a mixed bag with the really weird and disgusting Prawn Cocktail flavour wotsits (quavers comit this crime too)

roast beef monster munch are by far the best - me and bees both think they are (though tbf only in the last 2 months have I changed my mind :D)

no idea about tea though tbh

Saturday we had macaroni cheese made with gorgonzola - not cheesy enough and ultimately a bit of a disappointment, not that my macaroni cheese philistines of a family noticed.

Last night I did a roast - I had a Linda McCartney pie, Mrs R had a cheesy lattice thing and bigger littlun had two quorn sausages, with roast spuds in garlic and rosemary, boiled carrots, steamed broccoli, stuffing and Yorkshire pudding. Baby R threw macaroni cheese at the wall and then cried 'cos she's teething and has flu, poor little wotsit.

Can't decide about tonight - could be veg stew with dumplings, or huevos rancheros, bit short on inspiration.

I was supposed to be getting dinner cooked for me but it looks like it's going to be fish and chips instead.

Changed mind on the tea. Now got chorizo chilli on the go. It is reducing in the oven :)

Pasta or pitta or rice is the last choice?

^I'd go for rice, me.

2 lamb chops, chips & mushrooms followed by a bag of sour skittles & an irn bru wham bar for me. Oh yes.

found a bag of beef mince in the bag of the freezer that I didn't know I had, and there's a few tins of tomatoes in the cupboard, spag bol it is then....

Big fuck off burgers tonight, with rice. I absolutely positively love big fuck off burgers, home made of course.

Can't wait. :)

Haricot beans cooked with leeks & cashew nuts, then into the stove with an egg broken over the top. Served with goats cheese and a couple of fish fingers.

And a starter of ready salted ruffle cut crisps dipped in humous.

Big fuck off burgers tonight, with rice. I absolutely positively love big fuck off burgers, home made of course.

Can't wait. :)

How big? Do you have suitable buns or going straight off the plate? My chilli looks good. Went for a pitta and salad side in the end.

How big? Do you have suitable buns or going straight off the plate? My chilli looks good. Went for a pitta and salad side in the end.
Half pounder prob', maybe a cpl of satelite bites of beef on the side, am quite hungry like.

The chilli sounds lovely, and I love chorizo.

Yummy all 'round. I've even had a smoke of some hash today for the first time in ages so have a munch too.

Dolmio carbonara stir-in......with some pasta of course.

It's hardly homecooked cuisine, but we had a housewarming party this weekend so it's our attempt to stop eating all the junk that has been left over. Last night I had leftover french stick with 1 and a half pakora, leftover cocktail sausages and some peanuts.

Baby steps....

We went there on Friday night.
Had lamb/ hand-pulled noodles.
Cold marinaded beef rice and a lamb skewer thingy.

Initial thought was the food was samey-samey.
I defo will go again though and order a more variedly next time.

You should have the lamb dumplings, the skewers and the medium plate chicken.

Last night's huevos rancheros hit the spot.

Tonight the littlun has demanded spog bol. Poorly pukey baby has her MMR today so will probably not even bother giving her a bowl of food to throw at the wall - Calpol and bed probbly.

Yep, that's it, basically! :D
I have a kid free week (well, till Friday anyway) so I'm making the most of it by eating a combination of totally minimal effort stuff and pre made frozen stuff and if/when I do cook (over and above reheating, I mean), stuff that they won't usually eat. :cool:
I was considering having banana porridge for dinner tonight, but I fancied some meat. :oops:

How's your appetite now, Biddly?

I have keema matar on my list for this week, might mix it up and do keema palak instead :)

My appetite is rubbish, I'm back to not wanting to eat anything because I've no idea how my body will react.

Back
Top Bottom