Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Frozen pizza somewhat jazzed up, I'm (a wee bit) shamed to say. Did a nice lamb steak with roast veg and red wine sauce yesterday so feeling a bit lazy. Plus the missus is away for classes this eve so no pressure.

Tortilla, gonna put some very spicy pasta in it which we made last night, a bit too spicy to eat by itself cos my missus underestimated the strength of hot sauce she added, tasty, but my word is it warm.

My dinner was a triumph. I added a side dish of some curried, fried spring greens that ended up almost like crispy seaweed :cool:

I can't wait until my boy is old enough to cook dinner.
It'll be a while though, he's only just tall enough to reach the kitchen taps at the moment :D

I've got some peppers to use , and some leftover rice from last night so I'm going to do something with them. Not quite sure what yet, I might mix the rice with some olives and feta, stuff the peppers and roast em in the oven.

I'm having roast potatoes, carrots, broc, green beans and a Lind McCartney veg pie with gravy. My BF will also have steamed cabbage but I don't like any of the cabbage family.

There will also be red wine from my six for £15 case. Fingers crossed.

That is a sweeping statement moonsi! Savoy is so different to a green cabbage, kale... that's a cabbage too!

Do you like coleslaw? :hmm:

It's probably cos I was never allowed a doll. I have bought savoy cabbage and I def won't be eating it. I don't eat coleslaw cos of the cabbage BUT one time I was eating it without realising and it was tasty in a sweet way but I stopped eating it soon as I read the pack (it was a layer salad bowl thing). I have however moved on from picking out shredded white cabbage from salads. Sprouts make me shudder.

My BF will be very happy with his cabbage though.

I have some chicken drumsticks that I bought cheap. I have some curry powder, mayonnaise and breadcrumbs. So curried chicken drumsticks then. With jalapeño peppers on. And salad. I'm a bit :hmm: about it tbh. Cooking now. Smells alright.

the kids had sausages, mash,and beans. i am having toad in the hole because i had a jacket potato at work for lunch.

I have some chicken drumsticks that I bought cheap. I have some curry powder, mayonnaise and breadcrumbs. So curried chicken drumsticks then. With jalapeño peppers on. And salad. I'm a bit :hmm: about it tbh. Cooking now. Smells alright.

Turned out quite nice that. Dead easy for a weeknight if you can't be arsed too. I'll be having it again.

Went out for our teas, so had (and I quote) :

Goats cheese crottin with cracked black pepper, oven dried tomato, fennel jam and toast
Quinoa, pomegranate and herb salad with polenta croutons and halloumi

I could have eaten a whole dish of the polenta croutons. It was yummy. Oh, and a pint of Kinder Sunset. :)

Back
Top Bottom