Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

It's Tuesday, so......................beans on toast!!! With a cheese slice on top, as ever.

And the last of the scones with clotted cream and jam for pudding.

Will keep an eye out, but I'm hoping I can get back on the dairy soon :)

Had curry instead last night, and tonight its cowboy tea... bangers, chips and beans :cool:

Why have you changed your name?

That swedish glace is nicer than dairy ice cream anyway.

I'll have a look in Sanisburies at the weekend, then maybe make some more of those puds :hmm:

You are a bad influence madz ;)

Fuck all this hotplate shenanigans, I'm off to the pub for a burrito. Or possibly some Oxtail and peas and rice will be purchased on the stagger home.

Olive tapenade on sesame seed bread, tagliatelli & mushrooms in a creamy sauce, various cheeses with various biscuits, blackberry tart on almond pastry, and a selection of fine wines.

Fuck all this hotplate shenanigans, I'm off to the pub for a burrito. Or possibly some Oxtail and peas and rice will be purchased on the stagger home.

Still no gas tarannau? How much longer will you be without?

Chicken and chickpea stew tonight, took it out the freezer this morning so I hope it'll be defrosted in time.
Served with rice and carrots I think.

Sweet and sour tofu and rice noodles.

Not bad for a first attempt at sweet and sour. The recipe called for 3/4 of a cup of water in the cooking sauce, which made a it a bit too thin for the thickener to have much effect. I made up a little more thickener, just flour and water, which got it to the right consistency, but that took away some of the flavour of the sauce. Then while I did the noodles it thickened a bit more, so maybe I didn't need to add extra thickener?

Dunno, will experiment next time with less water in the cooking sauce. Love it though a whole new sub-continent of cooking to get stuck into.

Tonight is baked spud night. With beans and cheeses.

Back
Top Bottom