Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

My ex is being a fucking twat, so I had the kids all last weekend and now, when he should have had them all this weekend to make up for it (still woudn't in fact, seeing as how he's supposed to have them Sat and Sun nights), he's told me he's going out on Sat night :rolleyes: so will be bringing them back tomorrow arvo :mad: so NO COOKING for me today!!!
That's shit sheo... give him a :mad: from me!

A pyrex bowl is absolutely perfect!
Hurray :)

Apparently there's a proper southern Chinese restaurant in Camberwell.
Gonna check it out with Mrs Masahiko tonight...

Where? I might take Mrs Gunz when I'm down that way.

Just opened near the Library, just up Church Street from the Green. Haven't been in yet but the menu outside looks interesting. Let us know how it is please, and if they deliver.

Some lovely veg rice and hot pepper chicken cooked on our new griddle, followed by some 'secret' desert.

Missus and I had the day off today so she's been cooking up a storm, made 8 lovely jars worth of hot pepper sauce too.

Yummy :)

Waitrose lasagne (which was very nice) with two Birds Eye potato waffles. Later on I scoffed two Youngs fish n chip shop fish fingers. Complete junk in a delicious sort of way...

Right ex has changed his mind and said he will have them for the weekend <sigh> so just me! Realised I haven't had any meat since Monday, so I'm going to have steak and oven chips with broccoli for my dinner tonight. :cool:
Grapes for pudding.

Ottlelenghie's broccoli and gorgonzola pie. Looks like enough calories for the week with the butter, double cream, puff pastry and cheese. Having it with some new potatoes & chives and was going to be an asparagus dish also from Plenty but as that has feta in it'll be too rich with the pie so just going to gently fry them in olive oil.

Have difficulty with the pie - blind baked the pastry and it fluffed up to a big puffy disk. Can't put a wet filling on it and expect it to stay in the pie so slotting the whole thing into another bigger tart case, sealing the lid on with brushed egg and hoping for the best.

Might end up looking like a dogs dinner if I'm not careful but is going to taste bloody good.

Back
Top Bottom