Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm going to have chicken thigh and chips and a multivitamin pill. There are tinned carrots but I'm not eating tinned carrots unless it is Armageddon and I have no other food left at all

What did you have?

A mixture of everything.

Yuk-ge-jang.
Dol sot bab.
Gal-bi on the side.

And lots of pickled starters...

Green Tea ice cream and black coffee as desert.

Very different to how I'm use to eating. Such a formal approach.
Nice place that.

Have just made a pot of carrot, cauli and red lentil soup, so that.

ETA - The pudding recipe looks yum, Boatie, cheers! Will have to get some dates. :cool:

Peppers stuffed with rice, mushrooms, tomatoes, pine kernels, olives, topped with cheese. Carrots and peas. Roasted pineapple.

Had that last night, was pretty good :)

The littlun has started going to Brownies so every other Tuesday will be stuff from the freezer when we get back. Bit of a lucky dip, this one was from January and had marinated tofu in it, a nice surprise.

Chicken stuffed with goats cheese, wrapped in bacon with courgette and toms... and maybe a potato bunged in the tin too :D

A Pizza Express pizza (half price at Tesco) with salad for the kids - with a bit nicked for me to go with my butternut squash soup. Grapes and posh yoghurts for pudding.

Fish pie and peas.

If it were up to me, the peas would be IN the fish pie, along with leeks. But I am overruled in these matters.

i've got some smoked haddock and not a lot else (apart from standard kitchen supplies like onions, milk, rice, etc etc) what should i make?

I want a slow cooker!

As for my dinner tonight, I'm going to have faux-indian. I'm going to try and make a sorta veggie quorn-chicken tikka, some sort of dahl, brown rice if I'm feeling sufficiently wholesome and veg samosas and onion bhajis with a good dollop of lime pickle.

*drools*

Baked spud - for a change I might scoop them out, mix with cheese or something different, like cheese or curry powder (no idea if that would work), and stuff them back in for a bit.

Top rump, which I'm roasting with some rosemary (a serendipitous bargain for only £3.25!!!) *licks lips*
Not sure what to have with it tho ... potatoes of some sort, maybe stovies (layers of sliced potato and onion rings, lots of salt and pepper), and carrot battons glazed with butter, probably

Back
Top Bottom