Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Not yet. To be honest I've been calming her down/entertaining her to stop her mum going up the wall!

Glad I can give her back though!!!

Corn beef hash with a poached egg

NOM

I just had potato and onion omelette with broccoli. It was boring, I'm still hungry and there's no pudding :(

Last night's was slow-cooked beef in white wine (italian stylee) with fresh porcini, mashed potato and french beans from my mam's allotment. It was well good.

I have had a few power cuts tonight...started just as I put pasta in the pan so we went to Ikea!...had a veggie dog then shared a pizza.

You may have a point about the cottage cheese Sheo, I must think of some alternatives!

Recipe for the puds here:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3070/guiltfree-sticky-toffee-puds

I'm not sure about 'guilt free' though. They are fat free but they've got loads of maple syrup in them. :hmm:

Not sure what to have for tea tonight, I get in about 6.40 and we've got parent's evening at 7.20 so something quick - not a jacket spud with cottage cheese though!
Was looking at this recipe again last night, and think it might be a goer for Sat or Sun.. but wtf are pudding moulds? And what could I use instead? :hmm:

Chicken stuffed with goats cheese, wrapped in bacon with courgette and toms... and maybe a potato bunged in the tin too :D
This was lush last night, the chicken kind of made courgette and tomato boulangeres iykwim, because they were thinly sliced and underneath :oops:

Tonight, simple pasta with the left over veg from last night :)

My mum's down for the day and no daughter, so....FISH!

Son's gonna help me make bouillabase again, with squid, prawns, john dory and red snapper....and the very last of this years tomatoes. Have some garlic bread in the freezer to go with it (but cooked, obv :hmm: ).
My mum is bringing pudding!

How was your butternut squash soup sheo? What do you put in it?

Mine was made with bns, onion, red lentils, a red chilli and stock. I've got some for lunch today too - yum.

I didn't haver any pudding moulds either Biddly, so I treated myself to a set of these from John Lewis:
http://www.johnlewis.com/180901/Style.aspx

You could use any small heatproof bowl/ramekin type thing, or you could just make 1 big pudding.
Those do look lovely, but I can't justify them :(

Hmmm... I've either got those little ramekins you get free with gu puds (bit small) or a cereal bowl :D A cereal bowl would be ok for two wouldn't it? Was going to halve the recipe anyway.

Those do look lovely, but I can't justify them :(

Hmmm... I've either got those little ramekins you get free with gu puds (bit small) or a cereal bowl :D A cereal bowl would be ok for two wouldn't it? Was going to halve the recipe anyway.

I think the ramekins would be too small. A cereal bowl should work just fine (as long as it's heatproof)

That sounds fucking gross, fran! :D

Just me tonight, so the last of the spicy lentil, carrot and cauli soup.

My mum brought scones and clotted cream and I have a fridge full of her jams too, so I might have one of those later... :hmm:

I think the ramekins would be too small. A cereal bowl should work just fine (as long as it's heatproof)
Boy thinks not heatproof... and can't think of another receptacle to make them in :(

No idea what to have for tea tonight... I'm on my own so was thinking a cheeky chippy, but not sure I can have fish because of the batter - think its got milk in it, not sure about sausages either :(

Will someone come and make me a friday tea please?

Ah, ta sheo, my heads not working properly, I might be able to find some in the cheapy cooking shop near Brixton station :)

Now, will you cook my tea for me and fed ex it up?

Just checked - nothing on the Asda website (although I've often found that they have a lot more stuff available in store), but Tesco has loads of ramekins and also some mini pudding mould's, from between a quid (for one) to two fifty-ish (for two).

Ah, ta sheo, my heads not working properly, I might be able to find some in the cheapy cooking shop near Brixton station :)

Now, will you cook my tea for me and fed ex it up?

No! :p

My ex is being a fucking twat, so I had the kids all last weekend and now, when he should have had them all this weekend to make up for it (still woudn't in fact, seeing as how he's supposed to have them Sat and Sun nights), he's told me he's going out on Sat night :rolleyes: so will be bringing them back tomorrow arvo :mad: so NO COOKING for me today!!!

Cheap cooking shop should defo have something that'd do! :cool:

Just checked - nothing on the Asda website (although I've often found that they have a lot more stuff available in store), but Tesco has loads of ramekins and also some mini pudding mould's, from between a quid (for one) to two fifty-ish (for two).
Tesco near me isn't so big, not even sure it has a household section. ooh, what about a pyrex bowl? I've got a small ish one of those (ok its bigger than a cereal bowl, but not big enough to fit on my head).

Back
Top Bottom