Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Dunno. I've got tofu but that doesn't really go with broccoli, cauliflower and/or squash. :( I'd have beans on toast but I'm out of bread. Might have to be potatoes, vegetables and cheese.

Chili con carne in the hope that it clears our blocked noses and makes our horrid colds go away.

I'm glad you survived you dodgy dinner last night, wayward bob!

Chilli for me as well, the tinned stuff though, drizzled over some chips with a wham bar and a bag of fizzy cherry cola bottles for afters, washed down with a pinta milk.

Santino made spaghetti and meatballs! With garlic bread! And later we've got a whole Victoria sponge cake that has to be eaten today! :cool:

gravey 'n chips from grotty chippy and 2 pints of cafferys.

the cafferys were nice, didnt sit to well ontop of gloopy gravey 'n chips though :(

both but more the eating - it's all very strange tbh, for as long as I can remember my world revolved around food, now for that to have changed it's all a bit weird - not necessarily a bad weird (I feel much freer tbh and less mental :D)

well it is right up to this point where I know I need to eat something, but can't think of what I fancy - this bit drives me insane :D

Change of plan! I had to take a chicken breast out of the freezer for sandwiches for tomorrow and have ended up with two breasts stuck together, which bashing on the counter wouldn't fix :facepalm: so we're going to have chicken, creamed corn and potato soup with lots of grated cheddar. I really need to get through some of the tomatoes though, so we might have to have tomatoes with salt and pepper for afters. :D

Started off feeling lazy and got some spring onion and leek bakes & rosti out of the freezer, but then redeemed myself by doing a pot of Ful Gnaoua (spicy beans).

I love Ful Gnaoua, a one pot dish you just shove everything in and leave it:

* 1 tin black eyed peas (cowpeas), or similar
* 2 tomatoes, grated
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or coriander
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/3 cup olive oil

Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan with one or two cups of water, bring to the boil and simmer until it reaches a nice thick sauce.

Tonight will be macaroni cheese.

Depends if they've fixed the gas pipe outside our block tonight. The cold shower wasn't pleasant this morning tbh, particularly with no heating afterwards

I'm half hoping it isn't tbh, in which case it's burrito or alternate takeaway time. Or risotto (asparagus) if the blue flames are going

My brother is away this weekend so we are having the family roast a lickle bit early.

Chicken, carrots, cabbage, roast potatoes, yorkshires, stuffing, the works. Nom.

Along with cooking the chowder, I have also just griddled some thyme/paprika/cumin chicken strips, ready to cut up and mix with some mayo for tomorrows sarnies and done a massive pot of butternut squash, the burgess buttercup squash that I grew :cool: carrot and chilli (also homegrown) soup. Will freeze loads and leave a few bowls worth for lunches over the next few days too. :cool:

Slices from a braised beef joint I did yesterday, frozen peas, new pots, some tiny carrots and a sliced leek.
Just delicious :)

a delicious spread from the tramps' buffet: two packs of garlic n cheese bread slices, 2 bacon & cheese chicken fillets and a packet of jam & chocolate marshmallow thingies - all for the princely sum of £1.69.
and some wine.

It'll be more like supper because the wife is working late... braised lamb chops, boiled potatoes, buttered carrots and cabbage.

Bugger. Still no gas. And none for a week or so apparently, as there's a rupture in the main gas pipe in the block. Big hole in the ground, needs scaffolding and a team in high-vis garments fucking around for ages apparently.

Don't own a microwave and the fridgeful of food is looking a little wasted. Anyone who fancies a small joint of pork belly to collect from Brixton is welcome - needs cooking tonight mind. The gas bods are apparently delivering a two ring hot plate and fan heater round at some time, just for that realistic bedsit experience I guess. Not looking forward to it.

On the plus side there are some fine takeaways around.

Back
Top Bottom