Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Yeah haha the food is abysmal. I'm literally subsiting on peanut butter sarnies snuck in by my mother. This thread is heaven and hell wrapped into one.

Hmmmm a big buttery jacket spud would go down a treat right now. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Last night was half a Higgety Pie with Dauphinoise potatoes and peas.

Tonight will probably be sausage and mash with sweetcorn or peas.

A four cheese pizza but I pimped it with wafer thin ham (you know the pre-form crap that smells of a fart when you open te packet) and mushrooms plus a layer of mature ched to seal the deal. Which technically makes it a five cheese pizza with ham and mushroom.

Roast chicken as I had somehow accidentally managed to switch the freezer off and the bird needs rescuing!

Saturday was roast lamb, carrots, broccoli and roast potatoes. Fan-bloody-tastic. Yesterday: cassoulet. Not my best version - the pork and apple sausages were tricky to brown. Tonight my cooking muse is out so I'll be emptying the fridge, probably doing a chorizo, sweet potato and bean thing for myself. And doing 4 days' washing up :(

Today is my baby's 11th birthday and he has decided that he would like to go to Nando's for his birthday tea. So, Nando's it is. :)

I've got some rump steak left from Sunday so I marinaded it in some satay thing I got from aldi and I'm going to stir fry it and have it with noodles.

Kedgeree followed by apple cake with stewed apple and custard. All puds and cakes have to have apples in them cos we've got so many.

whatever's going to go toxic first .. those Innocent veg-pots are a nightmare - they start gassing out within a day if your refrigeration isn't up to scratch ...

Probably the Tesco nut cutlets - I forecast hot sulphurous gases before morning. :D

The goat's cheese will only improve out of the fridge.....

I've got some rump steak left from Sunday so I marinaded it in some satay thing I got from aldi and I'm going to stir fry it and have it with noodles.

It was very nice apart from something being in either the marinade or the chinese 5 spice paste that doesn't agree with me. My face is burning and I'm itchy.

Back
Top Bottom